Researcher & Analyst (Summer)
Posting End Date: February 24, 2023
Who We Are
At Delphic Research, we are on a mission to disrupt the business of government affairs. We are building an on-demand knowledge service that acquires, tracks, analyzes, and transforms large-scale information sets into bespoke, actionable insights for government affairs professionals.
If you have been searching for an opportunity bring new thinking and technology to challenge the status quo, Delphic Research is the organization for you.
Learn more about us at www.delphicresearch.ca
About the Role
We are searching for a curious, entrepreneurial Researcher & Analyst (Summer). This position will support the research arm of Delphic Research through the synthesis and analysis of political and policy intelligence into actionable insights, as well as supporting internal business intelligence needs.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the political landscape and process in Canada, providing strategic analyses of emerging trends internally, as well as to our clients. The Research Analyst will be expected to draft reports, using both qualitative and quantitative research methods to present to their findings.
Delphic Research's summer positions are also intended to maximize career learning opportunities for post-secondary students and recent graduates. The successful applicant will join a team of curious individuals, participating in group discussions, workshops, and assigned readings to expand the breadth of their knowledge. The participants will also develop skills with cloud-based team collaboration technology, project-based collaboration, and team communication imperatives and methods. Each position will involve a capstone project, presented at the end of the summer.
35 hours per week for 16 weeks (May 8 – August 25)
• Conduct research (e.g. environmental scans), develop written reports and plans, prepare presentations;
• Stay up-to-date on emerging political and policy, as well as other external trends relevant to Delphic Research’s business needs;
• Assist with writing proposals and presentations for prospective clients;
• Engage with clients to determine project objectives, conduct strategic analyses, gather input, and to make recommendations to leadership;
• Collaborate with our data science and project development team in ideation on the use of big data, AI assisted intelligence and automation, as well as digital communication platforms;
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Must currently be enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate program;
• A strong understanding of the Canadian political and policy landscape;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• Academic, extracurricular, or professional research experience.
• Experience with drafting research reports and external written communications;
• Experience with organising high-level meetings or events;
• Experience in delivering presentations and facilitating engaging conversations;
• Interest in developing client relationship and management skills.
Core Competencies to be Successful
• Maturity and Professionalism;
• Intellectual curiosity with evidence of problem-solving capabilities;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently;
• Fine attention to detail;
• Ability to communicate effectively – written and verbal;
• High energy and strong work ethic.
Application Documents Required
• Statement of Interest including introduction of yourself (within 500 words)
How to Apply
E-mail application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject “Application - Researcher & Analyst (Summer)”.
Interviews will take place during the month of March.
$17 per hour
Summer Job Experience
Delphic Research is an interdisciplinary team with a wide range of knowledge and experience that continues to provide immense value to our collective learning and direction. As entrepreneurs, we recognize that many of the greatest innovations come from a wide range of perspectives, challenging the status quo and providing opportunities to explore new ideas.
Diversity is part of our DNA at Delphic Research. Regardless of race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, we embrace candidates who believe in striving for excellence in all their endeavours and provide unique insights to our creative team.
Something looks off?