Senior Product Designer
Looking for a role where you can have a massive impact? How about being part of a fast-growing startup with an incredible team, founders with track records of success, and a product that touches most people’s lives?
At Deeded, our vision is to make real estate transactions frictionless, affordable, and transparent for everyone involved. We're reimagining every aspect of the Real Estate and Mortgage closing experience with a combination of advanced technology, user experience design, and the best team in the industry.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us take our product to new heights. The product designer works closely with our product, engineering, and operations team to research, conceptualize, and develop experiences that simplify real estate transactions and have a significant impact on removing the friction and stress from the transaction.
This is a hands-on design role that may evolve to include leading and managing other designers. The majority of the work can be done remotely, however, a strong preference will be given to Toronto-based candidates as leading in-person workshops will be required, from time-to-time.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following skills, in addition to demonstrable experience
- Exceptional empathy for users and user behaviours. You thrive in the intersection of technology, psychology, and behavioural economics.
- Strong the ability to learn new things and understand the business at a very rapid pace
- Exceptionally adept at information architecture, organizing content logically for seamless user navigation
- Problem solving ability that allows them to find innovative solutions, transforming complexity into simplicity for an optimal user experience.
- Exceptionally data-driven and possess strong analytical skills that enable them to unearth user insights and understand complex concepts, breaking them down into digestible components.
- a multi-lateral thinker who is comfortable working in both abstract strategic concepts and in tactical execution details with a strong understanding of human-centred design.
Our ideal experience
- Demonstrated UX or Service design experience, working in heavy data collection platforms (eg: Insurance, mortgage, finance)
- Can manage a large multitude of user personas and stakeholders, each with diverse needs
Pay and Benefits
- An opportunity to have a massive impact and work directly with the leadership team
- Stock options in an ambitious start-up
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and life insurance benefits
- Remote work - no more commuting!
- Low meeting obligation environment
- Paid time off to help you rest and recharge
What to Expect
- Assessment - If selected, you'll receive a short assessment exercise to complete. It helps the both of us understand if there's a fit.
- Interviews - You’ll meet with members of our Leadership Team including the CEO (who is the hiring manager for this role), Product Manager, and CTO. They will dive deeper into your background and experience, as well as the role and Deeded as a whole.
- Exercise - You will be asked to complete a design exercise to assess your skills and capabilities
- Background and Reference Check - We’ll ask you to complete a criminal background check and send us 2 professional references.
- Welcome to the Team - We’ll send over your offer letter and congratulate you on joining our team!
We Appreciate Your Interest
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. We will only reach out to you if your application is shortlisted to move on to the next step in the recruitment process.