Business Development Manager
Looking for a role where you can have a massive impact? How about being part of a fast-growing startup with an incredible team, founders with track records of success, and a product that touches most people’s lives?
At Deeded, our vision is to make real estate transactions frictionless, affordable, and transparent for everyone involved. We’re reimagining every aspect of the Real Estate and Mortgage closing experience with a combination of advanced technology, user experience design, and the best team in the industry.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to help make Deeded a household name when it comes to the real estate and mortgage closing experience.
The Business Development Manager will report to the CEO, Reuven Gorsht, and will be responsible for promoting Deeded’s services, growing relationships with prospective partners, and maintaining strong relationships with existing partners.
- Proactively research and identify potential partnerships within the mortgage industry. This includes building and growing relationships with key stakeholders, such as mortgage brokers, brokerage owners, and other industry professionals.
- Develop and execute strategies to generate new partnerships and expand the partner base for the company. This involves networking, follow-up calls, attending industry events, and leveraging marketing initiatives to attract potential clients.
- Cultivate strong relationships with existing partners to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Regularly communicate with partners to understand their needs, provide support, and identify opportunities for additional business opportunities and collaboration.
- Work closely with internal teams, such as product, marketing, and operations, to ensure a seamless partner experience and a customer-centric approach. Coordinate efforts to provide excellent service and deliver on partner expectations.
- Minimum 5 years in the mortgage industry as a business development manager, inside sales, fulfillment or underwriting role. They understand the mortgage industry and have a strong network amongst brokers, lenders, and service providers.
- Excels in building new business relationships and growing existing ones. Takes a “never say die” mentality when it comes to pursuing relationships and adding value to the relationship.
- Persuasive communicator that excels in different settings (1:1, group presentations, online presentations). Can captivate audiences and hold the room.
- Has a strong sense of urgency. They respond quickly and are quick to resolve issues and offer solutions.
- Has an insatiable hunger to learn and grow. They have a natural curiosity to explore new ideas and possibilities, they are constantly consuming and applying new ideas and knowledge.
- Extremely resilient and persistent with a track record of demonstrating grit personally and professionally.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to quickly adjust plans and strategies as circumstances change. They are comfortable with ambiguity and situations where a path-forward isn’t always clear.
- Highly collaborative and works for the good of the company. Can influence individuals and teams internally.
Pay and Benefits
- An opportunity to have a massive impact and personal career growth (as an individual contributor, and possibly into a leadership role)
- Stock options in an ambitious start-up
- Competitive salary and commission plan, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and life insurance benefits
- Remote work – no more commuting!
- Low meeting obligation environment
- Paid time off to help you rest and recharge
What to Expect
- Initial Interview (30 minutes) – You’ll meet with Maddie Held (People Operations Coordinator) to discuss your background, experience, and Deeded as a whole.
- Second Interview (60 minutes) – You’ll meet with Reuven Gorsht (CEO), the hiring manager for this role. This interview is a great opportunity to ask specific questions about the role and how the Sales team works.
- Final Interview (30 minutes) – You’ll meet with Rebecca Hundert (COO) and Alex Kress (CTO), who will answer any questions you may have about Deeded’s Operations and Development teams.
- Exercise and Presentation – We will ask you to complete an exercise and sales presentation. This is your chance to blow us away with your ability to captivate an audience!
- Background and Reference Check – We’ll ask you to complete a criminal background check and send us 2 professional references.
- Welcome to the Team – This is the part where we send over your offer letter, you accept, and we celebrate!
We Appreciate Your Interest
If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please let our People Operations Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. We will only reach out to you if your application is shortlisted to move on to the next step in the recruitment process.
Something looks off?