Full-Stack Software Developer
Want a position where you can build a green-field project, work on difficult problems and have a massive impact? Join a fast-growing startup with an incredible team, founders with success track records, and a product that people can’t stop raving about. At Deeded, our vision is to make real estate transactions frictionless, affordable, and transparent for everyone involved. We’re reimagining the Real Estate and Mortgage closing experience through a combination of advanced technology, processes, and the best team in the industry.
We’re hiring full-stack engineers to join our development team and lead the development of our platform, focused on making homeownership seamless and instant. The role is Canada based but fully remote. You’ll own code quality projects from inception through to deployment. Deeded has a friendly team-based culture, low meeting obligation environment. Most importantly, you are empowered to turn your ideas into actions and help shape the future of Deeded’s technical environment.
Who we’re looking for:
- Expertise in building well-defined APIs and well-structured data layers
- Experience with at least one backend framework such as express.js, nest.js, etc.
- Experience with at least one recent frontend framework, with a preference for React
- Experience working with designers and design systems, ability to translate designs into functional interfaces
- Familiarity with different types of data stores and databases, include SQL and noSQL
- Love of clean code and solutions that will stand the test of time
- Experience working with scaling teams and fast-expanding projects that span multiple teams
Desired but not required:
- Experience working with large and complex sets of data and text extraction technologies such as Textract or DocAI
- Python experience
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, devops and CI/CD, including basics of containerized services, serverless deployments, and networking.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll develop solutions and implement complex features, as well as help shape the future of our platform
- Write exemplary code to create best in class web-based interfaces, reusable interface components and various integrations
- Lead code reviews, design reviews, and technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; give and take feedback
- Mentor developers on the team and help them grow their development skills
- Drive efficiency and quality for yourself and your team; obsess over XP practices
- Ensure solutions actually meet and exceed customer and business needs
- Participate in improving and maintaining tooling and automation
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Always focused on the bigger picture, visualizes how the code could be used and scaled
- A mentor, leader and strong communicator with strong opinions on best practices
- Startup experience. You’re scrappy and resourceful with proven critical thinking to get from A to B in the shortest amount of time and risk
Something looks off?