Resource Manager - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125774
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
What will your typical day look like?
The ePMO Resource Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the effective management of planning, scheduling, and allocating resources across the enterprise. They will manage enterprise demand, aligning the most available resources and capabilities to support program/project delivery. The ePMO Resource Manager will partner closely with ePMO and PMO CoE leadership in project resource management to ensure that the ongoing reallocation of resources, adjustment of goals/requirements and the assignment of new resources is performed as needed to support quality and timely delivery. Strong research, analytical, and quantitative aptitude, as well as advanced attention to detail, are required for success in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and reviewing resource allocations across demands to understand capacity and opportunities
- Managing contractor/professional services utilization and alignment
- Assigning/allocate resources to projects based on their skills, previous experience, availability, or project budget
- Understanding and communicating the organization’s capacity to delivery upcoming pipeline of projects
- Providing high-level reports and insights that assist with proactive strategic decision-making.
- Providing metrics and data analysis around resource planning and capacity to inform annual and ongoing planning efforts
- Creating ad-hoc business reports that provide leadership insight into key workforce & resource management status, gaps, and areas of opportunity
- Managing delivery of high-quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
- Communicating the results of data analysis and business impacts to Executive Leadership
- Working closely with PMO CoE leadership on critical aspects of business, operational and workforce management strategy.
- Liaise continuously with business partners across DT and member firms for better enterprise alignment and awareness.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, as a Resource Manager, you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Technology
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in workforce, resource and/or project management
- Knowledge on PPM tools like MSP, ServiceNow SPM (desired)
- PMP or SAFe certification (desired)
- Ability to provide ‘big picture’ view on the state of the enterprise
- Self-directed and experienced in Business, Process, Reporting analysis
- Robust problem solving & critical thinking skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues, ideas, and data analysis to senior leaders
- Skilled in various reporting tools like Excel and PowerBI as well as a quick aptitude for learning new tools
- Excellent strategic and tactical business skills and a passion to draw actionable insights from data to drive better decision making
- Ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously
- Participation in driving the strategic priorities and initiatives of the organization forward
- Advanced experience with use of reporting tools like Excel, PowerBI
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $156,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.