Manager, Risk and Contract Management
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125607
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
As a member of Deloitte’s dynamic and talented Risk Management team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the risk profiles and mitigation strategies for our mission critical consulting projects.
What will your typical day look like?
Daily activities would include any/all of the following:
- Reviewing draft contracts and requests for proposals for contractual risks and developing alternative contractual positions for negotiation
- Negotiating contractual language with clients / client legal representatives
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of risk mitigation strategies
- Drafting client contracts
- Serving as a single point of contact for both Deloitte engagement teams and our clients regarding contract related issues and issue resolution
- Communicating contract-related information to internal stakeholders
- Managing contract – related correspondence and record keeping
About the team
Our risk team works closely with Canadian and Global Deloitte Consulting engagement teams to assist our clients in innovation, transformation, and leadership initiatives. The ability to solve complex client issues is critical to our consulting business. Together, our teams help clients imagine, deliver, and run their business using the latest technologies such as cloud and cognitive, from strategy development through implementation. We assist engagement teams and leadership with negotiating contractual terms for these initiatives, investigating and resolving complex contractual questions as well as in managing and mitigating engagement delivery risks.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
- A minimum of five years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, contract administration and risk management in a large professional services organization
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong contract writing and contract analysis skills
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a MBA preferred
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $156,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.