Marketing and Communication Sr Specialist, Deloitte Global
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125722
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Kanata, ON; Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
Support Global Tax & Legal with internal marketing and communications for a variety of strategic initiatives and campaigns. Support would involve drafting and executing on communications plans across various channels and formats, with deliverables including executive emails, presentations, newsletters, video scripts, video storyboards, intranet content, toolkits, promotional materials, and social media content, among others. You will be a core member of the Global Tax & Legal Brand, Marketing, Communications team, sharing responsibility for cross-business campaigns and activations.
Specific responsibilities would include:
Communications development and planning
- Collaboration with Global Tax & Legal brand, marketing, and communications leaders, and business stakeholders and teams to support the Tax & Legal business’s goals and priorities
- Collaboration with business stakeholders and teams to develop internal marketing plans for various initiatives, programs, products, events, etc.
- Analyze internal communications metrics to provide input into strategy changes, providing explanations of trends, spikes, and recommendations for campaign enhancements.
- Participate in calls with marketing and business stakeholders to discuss new initiatives and gather source materials for internal and external communication assets (placemats, slides, intranet page mock-ups, etc.) for use in conferences, meetings and internal campaigns.
- Creating efficiencies by leveraging design and web content management skills to review and design (if necessary) newsletters on both email platforms and the internal news hub with minimal support from KM.
Execution of tactics from agreed internal communications plans and taking direction from Global Tax & Legal Brand, Marketing & Communications leaders, including:
- Email writing and creation of presentations for executives
- Video scripting and production (working with both internal creative teams and outside vendors)
- Web content development, writing, and updating
- Support for large webinars, “town halls” and leadership conferences
- Newsletters—editorial planning, management and writing content
- Collaboration with brand, marketing, knowledge services, and member firm and other global business communications teams to deliver consistent, informed, and aligned communications projects
Creation of materials and presentations for large internal leadership meetings, including handouts, onsite graphics, and videos, with occasional on-site management of presentations and videos.
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Tax & Legal deploys the right team of experts to address the ever-evolving needs of our businesses around the world. Our professionals deliver superior compliance and advisory insights and guidance (local and global) to support our businesses operating in singular or multiple jurisdictions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Communications or related major
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably as a communications professional providing communications strategy, planning, development, and delivery support in a professional services firm
Required skill set:
- Demonstrated experience delivering communications plans to internal clients
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand, integrate, and communicate business strategies and program/initiative/product information and benefits to gain support, buy-in, and adoption
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented with hyper-focus on quality and accuracy
- Ability to script video and design projects, including vendor management
- Self-starter with an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a global virtual team environment
- Ability to manage projects, particularly with a globally dispersed team (including India)
- Ability to navigate a large, complex, and global organization, build strong relationships, and develop a network of peers
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with all levels of personnel including senior stakeholders from all over the world
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and manage ad hoc high priority requests from leadership
- Comfortable managing up, seeking input, and engaging with a broad stakeholder group
- Understanding of professional language and style for executive-level audiences
- Client-service mindset
- Ability and desire to take on sometime tough and challenging projects
- Ability to respond quickly to high-priority deadlines and easily adapt to change
The salary range for this position is $69,000 - $114,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.