Tangible Asset Valuation Manager - Toronto
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125639
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in the tangible asset valuation team you will:
- Undertake valuations of a variety of plant and equipment assets across a variety of industries for acquisition accounting, liquidation, insurance and tax. Participate in valuation audit review process.
- Undertake inspections of client’s plant and equipment individually and with other team members throughout Canada. Some international travel will also be required.
- Develop and enhance models to calculate asset value.
- Undertake cost and market research.
- Compose written valuation reports.
- Work closely with other members of the Financial Advisory Services and Audit service lines.
About the team
Deloitte’s Value Advisory team specializes in solving complex business and transaction issues, including analyzing valuation alternatives and recommending solutions. We understand how to quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory codes for transaction, financing, litigation, strategic management, and compliance purposes. Our main areas of focus are:
- Business valuations;
- Damage quantification;
- Valuations related to financial statements;
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
- Strategic and financial consulting; and
- Financial modeling.
We have a diverse team that is energized, supports each other and our clients and delivers on our promises. Our team includes people with CPAs, CBVs, CFAs, MBAs, CFEs and other qualifications. We believe in life-long learning and are always excited to examine new ideas, new ways of working and new opportunities!
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As part of the tangible asset valuation team, you will ideally possess:
- 5+ years plant and equipment valuation experience.
- Previous work experience within a Big 4 valuation or a major appraisal firm.
- ASA (Machinery & Technical Specialty), AIC and/or RICS accreditation is an advantage.
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel modeling skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in mechanical/electrical/civil engineering. Candidates with a business-related degree with plant and equipment valuation experience will also be considered.
The salary range for this position is $83,000 - $144,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.