Senior Manager, M&A Advisory Transaction Services, Toronto
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125686
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives on their acquisition and divestiture process? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days.
What will your typical day look like?
You will co-coordinate financial due diligence and provide other M&A transaction support to our clients. In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of full service Deloitte diligence team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, investors and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work. This includes:
- Taking a lead role in delivering advisory services to high growth organizations with a diverse team
- Create long term relationships at a senior client level
- Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Identify and lead business development opportunities
- Achieve expertise in an industry specialization
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
- Review and analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
- Review of the adequacy of financing structure including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms and covenants
- Evaluation of potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
- Involved in negotiations
- Verbally present findings and observations to senior management as the transaction progresses
- Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
About the team
The Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals ranging from $5 million to $1 billion in value and served primarily mid-market private and public sector clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Completion of a CPA/CA or other equivalent accounting designation is required
- A second designation is preferred like CBV and CFA
- 7+ years of applicable experience, with a minimum of 3 years of M&A Transaction Services experience in public practice
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Experienced in business development and building a practice
- Ability to execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners, in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
- Strong external consulting or advisory experience
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
The salary range for this position is $105,000 - $208,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.