Manager , Technology Risk , Risk Advisory 02
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125001
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
About the team
- Work in a friendly work environment with leaders who support your development
- Be encouraged to be creative and use your voice to solve our clients most complex problems
- Develop and lead teams as you build a business and your brand within the firm
For organizations to stay relevant, competitive and ensure their survival, they must navigate the risks of disruption. Through this disruption, they must ensure the mechanisms that protect and support the organization evolve to take advantage of emerging technologies. The Technology Risk Advisory team is committed to offering expert advice, credible challenge, and effective oversight of information security and technology activities. Our goal is to identify, assess, control, and manage cyber and technology risk across our clients' organizations.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager, you will lead the delivery of technology risk advisory services to premier organizations across Canada. You will oversee workshops and deliverables, assisting our clients to envision and implement new strategies for managing technology risks within their organizations. Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, you will play a key role in mitigating the risks our clients face. You will also be challenged to learn and apply new technologies to address our clients' most complex issues.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Are you someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, with experience in technology risk management? Do you have experience working within the Three Lines of Defense model? Are you eager to apply your knowledge in advising our diverse clientele on managing technology risks amid an era of unprecedented digital transformation?
You are someone who is:
• An experienced consultant with 5+ years of relevant work experience in technology risk consulting or a related field.
• A graduate with a university degree in a business or accounting discipline with outstanding grades. CPA or CISSP, or CISA qualification or equivalent is preferred.
• A strategic, pro-active person with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information to produce clear and concise presentations and reports
• Experienced with designing and maintaining risk frameworks, with understanding of key industry control frameworks (NIST Cyber Security Framework, COSO, COBIT, ISO 27000, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills, including segment risk analysis, data analysis, and comparative analysis. Ability to identify root causes on risk exposures and to correlate multiple risk exposures to assess aggregated risks and enterprise compensating controls
• Understands Financial Services regulations and how Technology supports the lines of business in delivering any associated change
• The ability to synthesize technical concepts into practical terms for a wide/non-technical audience
• Ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and all levels of management
• Experienced in the Financial Services industry is an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio and SharePoint
• Experience in coaching and developing consultants/seniors
• Experience leading a team, with a strong desire to connect with people
The salary range for this position is $104,000 - $173,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.