Manager, Workforce Transformation (Rewards), Human Capital
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125613
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness
What will your typical day look like?
No two days are the same for a member of the Workforce Transformation (WT) team, but in this role we will expect you to:
- Work collaboratively as part of dynamic, high-performing teams to deliver impactful outcomes for clients and internal initiatives.
- Consult with clients to understand the impact of disruption on the work, worker and workplace and help them define their ambition and strategy for transforming the workplace of the future.
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgement and provide meaningful solutions and expertise.
- Effectively organize and communicate information in compelling ways, including developing deliverables and facilitating meetings and working sessions.
- Actively contribute to continuing to grow
As a Manager in the Total Rewards arm of the Workforce Transformation practice, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Help to lead job architecture and job evaluation projects focused on the assessment of job value and the design and structure of job titles and levels and the connection to talent and reward program design
- Consult clients on optimal approaches to motivate and incentivize from both a financial and qualitative perspectives
- Support the development of base pay and incentive compensation program design
- Model financial and strategic impacts of Reward programs (Compensation, pension, benefits) design changes
- Conduct market assessments, research and analysis to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, and best practices in talent management.
- Participate in broader firm projects including performance management, workforce planning, learning and leadership
- Contribute to intellectual eminence and the development of firm viewpoints on a variety of topics
About the team
In our clients’ eyes, we are strategic advisors and partners in their workforce transformation journeys, working with them in the face of transformation, disruption and opportunity to build the workforce they need now and into future. To each other, we are a committed, diverse, supportive and collaborative group of professionals who are passionate about unlocking the potential of people in organizations whilst creating rewarding and meaningful career experiences for people at all levels.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is:
- Genuinely passionate about helping organizations transform their workforce
- You keep up with trends in the market today and have your own point of view on how work is changing for businesses and people and are excited about helping organizations shape and prepare for this.
- Eager to take initiative and lead at any level
- You are proactive and hardworking, and will contribute positively to your teams, clients, and community.
- Able to synthesize, assess and communicate information effectively
- You can use analysis, experience and judgement to develop meaningful insights and recommendations for clients.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes unpredictable circumstances or changes, and make informed decisions without all the information.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in compensation in the public or private sector, preferably in a consulting environment
- Strong knowledge of compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- General knowledge of compensation regulations such as Pay Equity legislation
- Experience managing mid-to-large sized data sets
- Comfortable working on and /or leading teams on multiple client projects
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Additional certifications (CHRP, CCP, CEBS, etc.) a plus but not mandatory
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $175,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.