Senior Consultant, Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124972
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant, you work in a collaborative team environment to analyze issues and address client challenges related to liquidity risk management, Treasury Operations, Asset Liability Management (ALM), Balance Sheet Management (BSM), Interest Rate Risk (IRR) Management. Examples of topics you will be dealing with are the latest OSFI guidance on Liquidity Adequacy Regulation (LAR), B6, B12, Capital Adequacy Requirements in line with Basel III, ICAAP and the equivalent for provincial Regulators (e.g. BCFSA, FSRA, AMF). You will work for example in a capacity as Subject Matter Expert and Engagement Leader as part of a risk / regulatory transformation projects, regulatory reporting (IRRBB, ICAAP, LCR, NSFR), and business-driven transformations of the Treasury Operations, ALM and related areas. The work can include supporting Internal Audit engagements or independent assessments mandated by Regulators. Internal Audit experience and experience in working with Regulators is beneficial but not required.
You will have a hybrid role, which encompasses developing the local Canadian marketplaces. In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver national and international projects at mid-sized and large Financial Institutions.
Experienced Senior Consultants are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
• Delivering projects independently, under the guidance of an Engagement Manager and Partner while executing on the technical areas and interacting with the clients to provide advice.
• Develop own point of views, white papers and solutions we can offer to our clients to support them in the best possible way
• Manage and lead a small team of diverse team of talented professionals and provide ongoing coaching to them to enable them to reach their highest potential
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts
• Deploy and develop current engagement methodologies
• Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure client satisfaction and project profitability
• Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor, always staying on top of regulatory guidelines and industry trends
• Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, governance frameworks, technology and operations.
As part of our team you will be
• Working in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Developing solutions for our teams and clients
• Continuing your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Working with high profile clients on a variety of engagements
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has: / You are someone with:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in (Regulatory / Legal) Compliance, Risk Management related projects for Banks, Credit Unions, Investment Managers, either as a Consultant or as part of a Risk or Compliance team in the industry
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business Engineering, Finance, Economics, Law or related field
- Experience in professional services or a client-based environment; functional experience in compliance and risk management
- Industry experience, having worked in a Financial Institution in the Liquidity Risk, Market Risk team or in the Treasury Team (1st Line), is preferred
- Experience managing regulatory compliance, risk and regulatory reporting and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with systems and technologies that support the Risk, Regulatory Reporting or Compliance function
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with strong project management skills
- CFA designation is welcome but not required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Willingness to travel to client locations, as required
The salary range for this position is $83,000 - $125,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.