Analyst/Senior Analyst, Technical, Clean Economy Investment Tax Credits Team
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125222
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
• Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
• Have many careers in one Firm.
• Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
To face the country’s decarbonization challenges, the Government of Canada announced 5 new investment tax credits for Clean Economy (“ITCs”):
- The Clean Technologies Investment Credit for wind, solar, storage, geothermal, non-road zero emission vehicles and other
- The Clean Electricity Investment Tax Credit for electricity generation
- The Clean Hydrogen Investment Tax Credit for hydrogen and ammonia production using electricity or natural gas
- The Clean Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit for clean technologies manufacturing, including battery manufacturing as well as extraction and processing of critical minerals.
- and the Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage Investment tax credit for carbon capture, utilization, and storage.
Through interaction with clients and the client service teams, you will be involved with supporting our team with consulting and claim preparation tasks related to the new Clean Economy Investment Tax Credits. As you build skills and knowledge, you will be challenged with more complex and strategic projects. Your role will expand to include supporting key delivery aspects related to pre-claim consultations, claim preparation, audit defense, and building deep client relationships. From time to time, you will also have opportunities to support client services teams in sales and business development activities. All of this will develop you on the path to becoming a trusted business advisor, and to gaining a broader view of business challenges and solutions beyond these ITCs.
About the team
Gi3: Global Investment and Innovation Incentives.
Deloitte’s Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives provider both in Canada and globally. We help companies become more competitive by advising them on financial strategies to drive innovation, scale their business, and to combat climate change. Deloitte’s Gi3 supports companies in accessing entitlement incentive programs such as SR&ED, Federal and Provincial merit-based / direct funding programs and the recently announced Clean Economy ITCs.
We are growing our team across Canada, and we are seeking professionals with an engineering or science background to join our Clean Economy Investment Tax Credits Team. To learn more about Deloitte: https://bit.ly/2ieqqxN.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- At least 2 years of experience in industry in an operations, consulting or project management role. Direct experience related to capital projects in the energy/renewables sector, particularly solar, wind, battery storage, geothermal, clean technologies manufacturing or critical mineral extraction or processing, would be an asset.
- University degree in engineering or a bachelor’s degree in science in an area relevant to solar, wind, battery storage, geothermal, clean technologies manufacturing or critical mineral extraction or processing.
- Genuine interest in sustainability and decarbonizing the economy with a mindset to serve clients and help them solve problems through access to government funding.
- Deep curiosity and ability to learn, synthesize, and describe complex technical subjects, including reading and interpreting legislative tax rules.
- Ability to understand technical data and explain it clearly and highlight key items.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing quickly, persuasively, and concisely
- Ability to work independently within a high-performance team
- Excellent project management skills.
- Interested in business and industrial processes.
The salary range for the Analyst position is $51,000 - $77,000 and $68,000 - $102,000 for the Senior Analyst position, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.