Account Manager/Senior Manager, Financial Services Industry (12 Month Secondment)
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Reference code: 125047
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the Client Account Management (CAM) group within the Deloitte Large Priority Account team?
Deloitte’s Client Account Senior Managers work on our Large Priority Accounts portfolio. As members of the enabling area of the firm and working directly with the Lead Client Service Partner, Account Senior Managers also spend a percentage of their time cultivating and managing client relationships. Senior Managers typically have an in-depth understanding of the industry and preference is given to candidates with previous industry experience.
Read more below!
What will your typical day look like?
Every day will not be the same, but you can expect to be a:
• Initiating and leading team activities and client events.
• Building targeted relationships and managing connecting points.
• Actively engaging at client events and sharing insights.
• Creating a distinctive client experience by leveraging firm assets and eminence.
• Shaping and envisioning overall account strategy; driving pursuit development and managing supporting resources.
• Managing team dynamics, and leading team communications, meetings, networking, and learning.
• Leading and driving CAM and account initiatives.
• Developing account teams.
• Co-developing the vision and strategy with the lead partners and communicating to the account team.
• Display Servant Leadership qualities, creating and demonstrating best practices within the CAM and LPA communities.
• Monitoring, managing, and reporting back on historical and current risk or brand issues.
• Understanding, monitoring, and reporting on opportunity pipeline and in-flight engagements.
• Managing account feedback mechanisms.
About the team
Join a group of high-performing, dynamic, driven, and fun individuals working together to bring best practices and innovative ideas from around the world to our clients. We connect regionally and nationally to share experiences and ideas which have proven to help address our client’s top priorities and get to the heart of business issues. Our CAMmunity is passionate about helping each other, driving results, being the experts and voice of our clients, and developing a functional knowledge of our sectors and industries.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Ambitions to embrace challenge, drive strategy and leverage Deloitte’s comprehensive suite of services and resources to deliver client value
• A Bachelor's degree and 5-7+ years’ professional services experience in account management, project management and business development strategy with experience in areas such as marketing, sales, and pursuit management.
• In-depth industry knowledge and direct experience working in the Financial Services industry are preferred.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the Insurance and Private Equity industries is an asset.
• Proven experience working towards becoming a trusted advisor to senior leaders through experience in internal / external relationship building to increase account penetration leading to increased revenue opportunities
• Success in initiating and playing a leading role within an account team framework with the ability to influence cross-functional teams (i.e. working effectively and teaming with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals)
• Poised, executive presence, business acumen and high articulacy
• Significant background and experience in communications (written and verbal), project / program management, financial reporting, business development strategy, client relationships, business marketing acumen, and supporting technology (e.g. Microsoft suite, collaboration tools, CRM)
The salary range for this position is $104,000 - $215,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by [insert date].
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.