Senior Manager, Wellness and Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125576
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
What will your typical day look like?
• Provide exceptional leadership and coaching to the Health and Wellness team to drive results through engagement, collaboration, and wellness outcomes
• Lead the benefits and wellbeing strategy (including communication and data strategy), maintain metrics on benefit costs and trends, and prepare recommendations for improvements and cost-saving measures in line with benefits and the wellness vision
• Ownership of all benefits processes and activities, including annual benefit renewal, enrollment, administration and financial analysis of plan
• Ownership of wellness program initiatives, including the company’s mental health strategy, national health campaigns, firm-wide challenges, and our Wellness centre (Recharge) programming and all related benefits and wellness communications
• Oversight and relationship management of all benefit and wellbeing vendors (e.g., insurers, administrators, consultants), tracking key metrics related to program efficacy
• Leverage key metrics to identify insights, assess program effectiveness and determine future needs while taking an innovative and forward-looking approach that is financially sound
• Have a strong understanding of different benefit plan options and technology enablers and proactively identify gaps in processes and make recommendations for improvements to enable efficient benefits delivery, including the ROI of proposed changes
• Design, evaluate, propose, and implement benefits programs with internal and external key contacts and ensure offers support employee needs, is competitive and support long-term goals
• Collaborate with other project teams in the Culture and People Office as well as Service Line Leaders and Employee Resource Groups to identify opportunities to align initiatives with the integrated wellness strategy and identify areas of enhancements to create a culture of care and connectedness
• Present our health and wellness offerings to both internal leaders and our external clients
• Champion a culture where Team Members are given the opportunity to practice wellness and feel empowered to take ownership of their health
• Provide input to policy positions and updates for wellness and benefits
• Act as trusted advisor to senior leadership and an escalation point for matters related to health and benefits
About the team
Reporting to the Director, People Experience Program Services, the Health and Wellness Lead, within the Culture and People Office, leads Deloitte Canada’s national Health and Wellness team and integrated wellness strategy that supports the firm’s purpose to make an impact that matters. This includes diverse and inclusive best in-class wellness programming, employee benefits, and organizational health initiatives. With a focus on employee health and wellness, you will continually evolve the integrated strategy to support a multigeneration workforce of the 13K+ employees at Deloitte.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has expertise in the following areas:
• 8+ years of progressive corporate benefits experience with an emphasis on managing and executing multiple initiatives and process enhancements
• Passionate about elevating the employee experience, corporate health and wellness, approaching the challenge from a user-centric design perspective, and bringing fresh ideas and creative thinking to the table
• Strong benefits industry and market knowledge of competitive landscape
• Deep understanding of benefits plan administration, cost modelling and impact assessment of plan changes
• Ability to use data to make informed recommendations, create an effective storyboard, ask thought provoking questions, and bring fresh thinking to the table
• An overall understanding of Deloitte’s approach to health and wellness (i.e., wellness and benefits strategy) is a strong asset
• A team player with a natural propensity to build and leverage strong internal networks to get the job done
• A strong communicator, compelling storyteller and influencer with the ability to gain support and sponsorship from a variety of key team members to participate in and champion a true wellness experience
• Demonstrated ability to create executive level presentations, communications, status updates, dashboards and metrics
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves, be a bold agent for change, and walk the talk when it comes to supporting employee wellness
• *Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, English is required for this position.
The salary range for this position is $104,000 - $215,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.