Senior Manager - Operate, Consumer Engagement & Marketing as a Service (CEMaaS)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125596
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
This is your opportunity to work in Operate at Deloitte. Operate services harness the latest technologies, talent, and capabilities from all over the world to deliver ongoing outcomes and client value. We do more than traditional business process outsourcing. We do more than just “keeping the lights on.” We work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients and their customers, constantly adapting to the pace of change, to ideate, innovate, and embed continuous advantage at the heart of their operations. And we do it with the kind of drive and passion that comes from loving what you do—and who you do it with.
About the team
Our Consumer Engagement & Marketing as a Service group, which is part of the Operate business within Deloitte provides marketers with world-class prospect and customer data integration, customer experience, insights & analytics services that dramatically improve their prospecting and / or customer care strategies.
Deloitte is seeking an exceptional and experienced Senior Manager who is passionate and driven, with strong communication and account management skills. This is a client-facing position that provides subject matter expertise in understanding the client’s business needs and helping to identify and implement the best solution.
This individual will report to the Director of Growth Accounts and manage an assigned client portfolio to continuously deliver value to drive growth and provide the highest level of service to our key accounts. To support this function, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class customer experience strategies and tactics.
What will your typical day look like?
• Serve as client lead and the main point of contact for a portfolio of strategic clients, owning the day-to-day relationship and business planning and leading a team of account managers and consultants and technical leads.
• Work with business development and sales team to onboard new clients.
• Lead current client agreements and have the ability to modify or expand scope as required. This includes working with legal, quality and risk, as well as privacy teams on opportunities for renewals.
• Leads client projects and solves complex technical/business issues; provides direction to others
• Manage delivery teams and provides quality service delivery through appropriate leveraging of resources assigned to the engagement/project
• Drive sales as part of team
• Proactively engage with business, technology, and operations teams with the goal of:
o Understanding client business objectives and priorities, creating ‘Know your Client’ documents to record these business objectives
o Working with clients to demonstrate how Deloitte’s offerings and services can bring added value to their business
o Proposing ideas to clients that will accelerate their ability to achieve their goals - discuss our solutions to generate interest – act as a ‘solutions advocate’
• Work with Clients/Internal Stakeholders to lead brainstorming sessions on developing solutions for business needs and challenges.
• Lead meetings with project stakeholders, including vendors and partnering agencies; provide resolution to issues and updates to project status.
• Identify opportunities for internal and client process improvements and work with our quality and risk teams to introduce them.
• Be the client advocate - managing the overall health of the client relationship by working across internal departments to ensure that client expectations and requirements are understood, and deliverables are met
Business & Strategic Development
• Lead new client engagement agreements and have the ability to modify or expand scope as required. This includes working with legal, quality and risk, as well as privacy teams on new contracts and opportunities for renewals.
• Lead proposals and business development efforts based on deep knowledge in area of specialization
• Proactively identify client needs and partners with business areas to deliver solutions ‘as One’.
• Develop strategies, concepts and budgets to drive business.
• Analyze challenges and opportunities with a view to impacts on the business.
• Drive sales as part of team
• Demonstrate ownership and understanding of the financials (P&L) – including monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting.
• Develop and achieve estimated targets based on personal revenue, utilization, clients services hours and team sales targets
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline (Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing, Project Management, etc) or the approved equivalent combination of education and relevant management experience.
• Minimum of 8+ years’ experience leading client marketing/CRM programs in a client-facing role.
• Minimum of 5+ years working in a client-service environment with a good understanding of how to translate client needs into Business Requirements.
• Minimum of 5+ years business experience working with data with high comfort level working directly with databases
• Track record of hitting renewal targets, driving incremental value, and retaining long-term client contracts.
• Proficiency of the marketing technology ecosystem (specifically customer data, CRM, customer engagement, and campaign automation platforms).
• Must be confident and possess strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
• Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to exercise sound judgment when facing complex partner negotiations.
• Strong cross functional team player who is comfortable talking to topics related to marketing (both traditional and digital) data, strategy, CRM, customer care, and operations.
• Highly organized with strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle a diverse workload, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset.
• Team player with proven ability to prioritize, organize, manage time and multi-task with excellent attention to detail.
• Basic knowledge of SQL or data querying tools
• Basic knowledge of marketing campaign execution tool is an asset, specifically tools like Adobe Campaign, Adobe Journey Optimizer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
• Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills, with the ability to form positive working relationships with all levels of the organization and to forge solid internal and external relationships
The salary range for this position is $118,000 - $220,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.