Manager, IT Support Services
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125553
Primary Location: Ottawa, ON
All Available Locations: Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Join a world class technical support organization at Deloitte!
What will your typical day look like?
In your role, you will act as the primary point of escalation for all technology related issues for both the local offices as well as in collaboration with the National technology support teams, this requires the ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions and vice versa. You will leverage your technical and analytic experience in leading a group or working with other teams to identify, troubleshoot and resolve a range of complex technology issues. As a team leader, you will be responsible for the performance management of a team of 8-10 local and remote technical analysts.
**Important: a minimum of 3 days onsite per week is required***
About the team
The Deloitte Technology Support team consists of over 60 analysts that support dozens of applications, O365, computer hardware and peripherals, mobile devices, AV technologies, and more. Reporting to the Regional Technology Leader, the incumbent will manage a team of 8-10 analysts across Ontario and Atlantic Canada. The team provides both onsite and virtual support to Deloitte Partners, employees, and contractors.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Completed post-secondary program or degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years hands-on experience in technology operations, of which at least 2-3 years involves successfully operating in a team lead or management capacity.
- Experience managing and coaching technical staff.
- Previous project management experience an asset.
- Hands on familiarity with current IT systems, including workstations, mobile devices, O365 and current collaboration tools such as Teams and Zoom.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Desktop OS and Office productivity suite products.
- Strong, effective, and clear communication skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Experience working within a fast-paced highly demanding environment with the ability to prioritize resources accordingly is essential.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.