Senior Consultant, Data Protection Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125367
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Join Deloitte Canada's Risk Advisory, Data Protection and Privacy team as a Data Privacy Solution Engineer and shape the future of privacy automation.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Data Privacy Solution Engineer, you will be at the forefront of Deloitte's mission to ensure data privacy and protection. Your day will revolve around designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that meet our complex clients' privacy requirements. You will be responsible for SaaS implementations, integrating marketing platforms, managing databases, and enhancing client architectures. Your expertise in privacy tools and software engineering concepts will be vital as you navigate through tasks in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
About the team
Our Privacy and Data Protection team, part of Deloitte Canada's Risk Advisory service line, is a dynamic group of professionals dedicated to ensuring the privacy and safety of our clients' data. We work with a diverse range of technologies and tools to design and implement data privacy solutions. We value collaboration, continuous learning, and innovation. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your skills, and make a significant impact on our clients' businesses.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is:
• Experienced in performing SaaS implementations for complex clients and IT ecosystems
• Familiar with privacy tools such as OneTrust, BigID, WireWheel, Securiti.ai, and privacy concepts such as data inventory, data subject rights, consent and preference management, privacy by design, privacy impact assessments, incident response, third-party risk, etc.
• Experienced in performing integrations with Marketing Platforms (e.g., Sales Force Marketing Cloud), Master Data Management (e.g., Informatica MDM) and middleware (MuleSoft, Kafka)
• Able to comprehend and execute technology concepts such as Application Programming Interfaces (“API’s), system requests methods (GET/POST), request protocols (HTTPS), etc.
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.