Senior accountant, Accounting Services Group
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a variety of different business sectors at some of Canada’s top Private companies? Look no further!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Accountant in the Accounting Services Group, you will be responsible for assisting in full-cycle activities required to complete compilation and review engagements. You will identify issues and propose solutions for your clients, and will assist with tax planning strategies. You have strong problem-solving skills, are attentive to details, and are able to communicate your ideas to create results.
About the team
Deloitte's Accounting Services Group (ASG) has the feel of a small firm, but has all the advantages of being part of one of Canada's leading professional services firms. Our clients range in size and include some of Canada's top private companies. You will focus on serving privately owned clients and will have an opportunity to work with a variety of business sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, retail/service, construction, real-estate, transportation, professional services and others.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in public accounting or equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and hands-on experience
- A very good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Pursuing a professional accounting designation
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience working with Caseware/Caseview/Taxprep
Due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.