Senior Associate, M&A Corporate Finance - Calgary, Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125437
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
All Available Locations: Vancouver, BC; Calgary, AB
Salary Range: $58,000 - $106,000
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives on M&A transaction and capital raises? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for Senior Associates to play a key role on M&A and growth capital transactions. As part of your role, you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
- Developing an understanding of a client’s business and its drivers
- Performing financial and valuation analysis, including detailed financial modelling
- Preparing transaction marketing documents, including confidential information memoranda and management presentations for investors and lenders
- Conducting financial, business and industry due diligence
- Developing pitch presentations on actionable M&A and financing opportunities
- Supporting internal/external business development initiatives
About the team
The Corporate Finance team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and we have consistently been recognized by MergerMarket as the #1 Financial Advisor in both Canadian and Global M&A deal activity (measured by deal volume). We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having fun and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Completion or progression toward a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
- Relevant work knowledge of corporate finance, investment banking, corporate banking, or corporate development
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills (Excel modeling, PowerPoint, Capital IQ)
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.