Leader, Workplace Strategy & Design
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125452
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Looking to work for a company that is known as a leader in workplace strategy and design? Help shape Deloitte Canada’s future corporate real estate portfolio of 30 offices and challenge the conventional to deliver on exceptional employee experiences impacting over 15,000 people.
What will your typical day look like?
As the Workplace Strategy & Design lead for Deloitte’s national CRE (Corporate Real Estate) team, you will handle the following duties:
- Lead the real estate Workplace Strategy & Design team in the delivery of multiple high profile CRE projects from Flagship, to Regional and Specialty Spaces in Canada, in the application of internal design guidelines and specifications:
- Develop, enhance and execute on the overall workplace strategy ensuring a data driven approach to measuring outcomes in pursuit of firm wide business strategies including real estate portfolio optimization, DEI and sustainability goals
- Manage expectations of internal project stakeholders at all levels, providing leadership updates and executive level presentations
- Mentor and develop a team of design specialists, collaborating with cross functional teams and internal service partners to organize information on space options, costs, furniture alternatives, project schedules, timelines, interdependencies, and site logistics,
- Collaborate with a leadership team made up of experts in construction project management and corporate leasing strategies
- Join Deloitte's Global Real Estate Center of Excellence to drive innovation in workplace strategy & design and learn from a network of industry leaders
- Collaborate with experts from Global Procurement in the selection process for 3rd party architects and FFE
- Drive projects to completion, leading and delegating as necessary through all design phases from business case creation to closeout, with budget and quality control as top priorities.
About the team
The Corporate Real Estate (CRE) team has three streams, Workplace Strategy & Design, Project Management, and Leasing, with each stream lead reporting to the Director, Corporate Real Estate. Workplace Strategy & Design includes 4 internal resources that are supported by large global real estate/procurement, national finance/talent/technology/facility management teams to deliver the national program for Corporate Real Estate.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
- A university degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 15+ years of experience designing office interiors for renovations and full-scale fit-up projects
- 10+ years of experience managing a creative practice in office interiors design, space planning, facility management, program, and project management for a large firm
- Experience working in a professional corporate environment
- A track record of building strong relationships with internal clients and external business partners as a design industry and workplace strategy leader
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Good knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at the program and project level
- Understanding of commercial real estate industry standards and regulations
- Hands on experience with BIM/CAD/Blubeam software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to travel to multiple locations across Canada
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.