Senior Associate, Capital Projects - Calgary/Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125463
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
What will your typical day look like?
Working as part of our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team, our Senior Associates help our clients deﬁne, evaluate, plan, prepare for, execute, and manage major initiatives. We advise our clients on scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, communications and reporting for complex mega projects. Using industrial-strength processes, controls, systems, people, and knowledge of industry leading practices, our practitioners strengthen our client’s management framework to help mitigate risk on their initiatives.
Our practitioners provide independent oversight of initiatives through project/contract reviews, assessments and/or audits, and provide advice to our client’s senior executives and Boards as they proactively strategize and manage procurement, contracts and claims, and help our clients prepare for the future, in terms of establishing digital strategies, assisting with implementing analytics, and using their data to assist in improving overall performance. Additionally, practitioners will support proposals and business development opportunities and initiatives.
Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more!
About the team
Working in a fast paced and professionally rewarding environment, our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team is comprised of 150 professionals nationally. We support public and private sector clients in various industries including infrastructure, transit, nuclear, mining, manufacturing, healthcare, and aerospace.
We bring practical solutions and add value at every stage of the project lifecycle for our clients. We are experienced consultants, project and program managers, planners and project controllers, architects, engineers, construction and contract managers, quantity surveyors and other related management functions. We bring decades of global industry experience which is matched with Deloitte’s enviable reputation as a global Professional Service ﬁrm and employer of choice
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
If you are someone with:
- 2-6 years of experience in project management including project planning and project controls and coordination for capital projects/programs
- Background or qualiﬁcation in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, and/or related construction experience
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Interest in Infrastructure & Capital Projects
- Expertise in MS oﬃce is required
The following experience areas are nice to have:
- Analytical report writing and proposal development
- Scheduling / planning work and developing/analyzing schedules based on leading practices including use of MS Project and/or P6
- Earned value management and developing eﬀective executive reports and dashboards
- Capital Project estimation
- Risk management on large engineering and infrastructure projects
- Standards related to project and program management (i.e., PMI, ISO, and/or AACE)
- Project management information systems (PMIS) and technology solutions (for example, Primavera P6, Ecosys, Kahua, Uniﬁer and/or PRISM, ARM/Risk Analyzer)
- PMP designation and/or other PMI or AACE designation
- Certiﬁed Value Engineering and/or value engineering expertise
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.