Manager, Crisis & Resilience, Risk Advisory
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125326
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager, Crisis & Resilience you will (co-)lead, manage and coach a diverse team of talented consultants to deliver high quality Crisis and Resilience projects including in business continuity, disaster recovery, business impact analysis, crisis management, incident response, threat risk assessment, and physical security while ensuring required levels of excellence of Deloitte’s methodologies. You will deliver program activities including project financial management, stakeholder management, resource management, executive reporting, client relationship management, analyze client business issues to develop, recommend creative solutions, lead client proposal development, new services and solution design and development. Importantly, your confident communication style will allow you to share insights on business challenges and cultivate client relationships, using your experience to help our clients to define and deploy Crisis & Resilience programs in their complex organizations.
Your confident communication style will allow you to share insights on business challenges and cultivate client relationships. You’ll use your experience to guide and support your team to effectively deploy Crisis & Resilience programs at mid-size and large, complex organizations while working within a strong team network to challenge, support and encourage your growth and capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Participate in engagements through the project lifecycle, managing expectations, conducting peer reviews of deliverables, and providing constructive feedback to enhance deliverables
• Support team leaders in the planning, scoping and delivery of Crisis & Resilience engagements for mid and large-scale organizations
• Interact with clients including business executives to understand objectives, deliver on time and develop high-quality work products as well as develop and maintain client relationships
• Own and manage workstreams, complete assigned tasks and work within small teams to prioritize, assign and oversee the completion of tasks
• Participate in business development activities including contributing to proposal content development and proposal project management
• Support the creation of Crisis & Resilience programs, capability, governance and management programs, services, methods, and solutions
• Contribute to the development of thought leadership to share with our clients as well as develop strategies to expand offerings
• Respond to client Crisis & Resilience queries
• Contribute to and participate in practice learning and growth initiatives to advance individual and team development
• Coach and mentor new hires, junior team members
About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Within our Crisis & Resilience team, we have a pool of dedicated specialists with expertise in business continuity, disaster recovery, crisis management and physical security. As trusted advisors on crisis and resilience, we provide advisory services to help organizations prevent, detect, and respond to crises in a way that is positive, meaningful, and impactful.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
• A minimum of 5 years of client project implementation or delivery experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a project manager/consultant in a resilience field such as Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management, IT Disaster Recovery and Physical Security, Incident Response, Operational Resilience and/or Emergency Management
• Ongoing experience in client facing roles identifying, developing and influencing opportunities to enhance client programs
• The ability to discuss and translate business needs into functional and technical solution requirements
• Working knowledge and expertise of business continuity and crisis management solutions and/or knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies
• An Undergraduate degree and relevant industry-recognized certification such as: Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
• Knowledge of both business recovery and testing methodologies and industry standards and working knowledge and expertise in frameworks such as, ISO22301, ISO27001, ASIS SPC.1-2009, NFPA 1600, NIST SP 800-30/34
• Team player and people manager, with a strong attention to detail and quality, an analytical, goal-driven and practical mentality and an enthusiasm to drive high pace programs
• Comfort with ambiguity, is naturally curious, and passionate about solving problems
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities with a strong sense of urgency and the skills to shift tasks in the fast-paced work environment
• The ability to solve problems under time constraints
• Solid analytical, organizational, and time management skills
• Impeccable communication skills that transcend verbal, and also have the ability to create and deliver high quality written reports, presentations, and other materials as needed by each project
• Advanced skills working with PowerPoint to deliver effective presentations that add value and provide clear commentary to Executive and Board level audiences
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.