Consultant/Senior Consultant, Crisis & Resilience, Risk Advisory
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125323
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant, Crisis & Resilience you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality crisis and resilience projects to our clients in varied industries. Crisis and Resilience provide strategic, operational, and technical support in the areas of Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Operational Resilience, Incident Response, Emergency Management, Disaster Recovery and Physical Security. Collectively, the Crisis and Resilience team delivers holistic solutions for organizations to implement in their efforts to minimize risk from external and internal threat factors. You’ll be an important lynchpin in our operational resilience growth area, focusing on crisis management (prevent, detect, response, recover), planning disaster recovery, business continuity, business impact analysis, threat risk assessment, physical security assessments and privacy impact assessment, all while working within Deloitte’s sense of excellence and methodologies.
Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Support Crisis & Resilience (Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Operational Resilience, Incident Response, Emergency Management, Disaster Recovery and Physical Security) engagements for clients
• Support in the response to client Crisis and Resilience Questions and queries
• Assist with gathering documents for Crisis & Resilience reviews
• Support in conducting client stakeholder interviews and workshops
• Support the performance of gap assessments of client programs
• Support in the development of foundational and advanced Crisis & Resilience documentation (policies, procedure, standards)
• Support in the development of high-quality and detailed deliverables for client consumption
• Support Crisis & Resilience initiatives from creation to delivery (Development of proposal, scope of work, project material, project inputs and final report)
• Develop and deploy Crisis & Resilience program mandates, policies and procedures
• Use strong analytical and reporting techniques to create innovative reports and track related metrics
About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively manage risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Within our Crisis & Resilience team, we have a pool of dedicated specialists with expertise in operational resilience, business continuity, disaster recovery, physical security and crisis management. As trusted advisors on crisis and resilience, we provide advisory services to help organizations prevent, detect, and respond to crises in a way that is positive, meaningful, and impactful.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
• A minimum of 1- 3 years of experience in defining and deploying resilience programs such as Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management, IT Disaster Recovery and Physical Security, Incident Response, Operational Resilience and/or Emergency Management or any relevant area
• An Undergraduate degree and preferable relevant industry-recognized certification such as: Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
• Working knowledge of both business recovery and testing methodologies and industry standards and working knowledge and/or expertise in frameworks such as ISO27001, ISO22301, ASIS SPC.1-2009, NFPA 1600, NIST SP 800-30/34
• Knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery policies, procedures, regulations and governance process is preferred
• Relevant experience in a professional service firm and/or in internal project management / advisory
• Experience providing business process solutions, identifying effectiveness opportunities while being customer service and detail oriented
• Excellent communication skills that transcend verbal, and include the ability to create and deliver high quality written reports, presentations, and other materials as needed by each project
• Experience working with PowerPoint to deliver effective presentations that add value and provide clear commentary to audiences
• An affinity to working proactively, assertively, and to drive decisions and solutions.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities with a strong sense of urgency and the skills to shift tasks in the fast-paced work environment
• The ability to solve problems under time constraints
• Solid analytical, organizational, and time management skills
• Team player, with a strong attention to detail and quality and an analytical, goal-driven and practical mentality
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.