Analyst/Senior Associate, AML Analytics - Financial Engineering & Modeling (FEM)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125264
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
Would you like to further develop your career with our exponentially expanding Financial Advisory Service, Modelling and Value Advisory group? Are you up for the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and International clients to solve their challenging problems?
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will help financial services industry (FSI) clients solve complex problems with informed confidence. Using your deep technical skills, subject matter expertise and leveraging our global network of experts, you’ll provide professional advice to our FSI clients in a wide range of situations. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
As part of the AML Analytics team, you will play a pivotal role in the clients’ Anti-Money Laundering (AML) efforts by utilizing advanced analytics and technology to identify and mitigate potential risks. You will work closely with the clients to develop, implement, and enhance AML strategies, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will also be able to learn and work in other quantitative and analytical areas including customer behavior modeling, scenario modelling, capital optimization problems, and new innovations such as cloud computing, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
About the team
Deloitte’s Financial Advisory practice delivers highly specialized advisory solutions for companies facing critical business events where significant value is at stake, in every phase of the economic cycle.
Our work is often high profile, high impact, and highly rewarding. If you’re looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow your career alongside the best and brightest in the industry, you’ll find it in Financial Advisory at Deloitte. Broaden your skills. Broaden your reach. Broaden your career. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Ideally, you are someone with:
- Hands-on experience utilizing data analytics and machine learning techniques to detect and investigate suspicious financial activities.
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining AML models to identify unusual patterns or trends in transaction data.
- Hands-on experience validating AML models following industry best practice and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of a variety of banking products and services across personal, commercial, and capital markets.
- Post-graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or other related certifications are a plus.
- Strong programming skills in Python, R, SQL, SAS, VBA, etc. with hands-on experience working with large and complex data are critical to success; Automation experience with any of these programming languages is a plus
- Self-starter, fast-learner, and highly motivated individual who can excel under fast-paced environment and meet stringent deadlines; Strong communication skills are critical
- Knowledge/experience of supervisory/regulatory requirements and guidelines (e.g. SR 11-7, OSFI E-23, FINTRAC guidelines, PCMLTFA, BSA/AML regulations, OFAC regulations, etc). Knowledge of industry best practices for AML/ATF such as Wolfsberg Principles is a plus
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.