Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125453
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
What will your typical day look like?
- Provide excellent administrative support to three to five partners
- Proactively support partner day-to-day needs
- High degree of calendar management support to partners (managing scheduling conflicts, sending invitations, organizing meetings, etc.)
- Support with expense claims processing
- Time entry and modification on behalf of the partner
- Provide support during virtual and in-persons meetings and events (room reservations, catering orders, in collaboration with the various internal support teams)
- Coordinate both local and international travel arrangements (in collaboration with our travel agency)
- Draft and send internal and external communications on behalf of your partners (emails, client letters, internal newsletters, etc.)
- Support inbox and email management (e.g., monitor inbox, contacts, compose emails)
- Arrange for language translations of communication
- Provide support with the firm’s specific service lines activities, such as market initiatives and client deliverables on an ad hoc basis
- Build effective relationships with external clients
- Coordinate branding and translation of documents
About the team
As a member of the Operations Team, we strive to leverage appropriate firm resources to manage, own and minimize administrative tasks for associates partners. As part of our team, we handle issues related to working on behalf of and alongside associates partners. We work to advance our careers, grow our network while continually developing.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You have the following:
- Minimum 3+ years of administrative experience in a professional, customer-service driven and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional commitment to customer service and continuous improvement
- Take initiative and be proactive in making decisions and completing tasks
- Ability to manage highly confidential information; discretion is essential in this position
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment according to their relative importance and urgency
- Ability to anticipate needs, demonstrating resourcefulness and critical thinking and act proactively
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, innovation, a capacity to build effective relationships, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in French and English, oral and written
- Flexibility to work overtime when required
- Ability to travel and work in our offices in Montreal and Brossard, as needed
- Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, English is required for this position.
The Deloitte hybrid work model strives to provide flexibility to practitioners by empowering them to make purposeful choices around where and how they work. However, there are some roles within our firm that do require location-specific work, which includes this role. As such, there will be times where various business needs will require that you work in person from the Deloitte offices in Montreal.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.