Senior Manager, Cloud Security
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125327
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Cloud Security Senior Manager, you will establish deep relationships with global companies, provide independent advice and recommendations to the technical C-suite, and represent the technical voice of Deloitte and Cloud. You will collaborate closely with partner teams and customers to drive the business to success. You will also leverage insights gained from working with external customers to align and influence roadmaps and product development plans across Deloitte Product and Engineering teams, enhancing Deloitte offerings as a whole and having an industry-wide impact.
You will embrace and live the firm’s purpose – to make an impact that matters – by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society, develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and deliver exceptional client service by maximizing result, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
You will also influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships and understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction.
About the team
At Deloitte, embedding technology into everything we do is how we stay current, innovative, and ahead of our competition. We look for our Cloud Security leaders to continually challenge and grow their own technical expertise and business skills, architect technical solutions.
Deloitte is an industry leader in enabling our clients’ Cloud Transformation programs. From cloud consulting to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full range of Cloud services and solutions. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies to deliver next-gen Cloud solutions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar degree/field or equivalent practical experience.
• 10+ years of experience in an engineering senior leadership role with a focus on cloud technology, distributed systems, infrastructure, and applications at large scale and under high load.
• Experience collaborating with various teams such as Program Management, Product Management, Engineering, Management Consulting, Operations or Finance.
• Experience managing and building engineering and customer-facing teams.
• Experience working with C-level stakeholders both internal and customer advising on cloud strategy, leading complex transformation/modernization projects.
• Experience in managing internal infrastructure, developer tools or distributed computing infrastructure.
• Expertise in Cloud security management, governance tools, delivery, Cloud architecture and Cloud strategy
• Experience with engagement delivery, building and maintaining client relationships, proven thought leadership, and talent monitoring
• Hands-on technical/engineering skills to architect, design & implement Microsoft Azure Sentinel, including data connectors, log analytics, threat intelligence, threat data visualization and automation with KQL & Logic Apps
• Hands-on technical/engineering skills to architect, design & implement Microsoft Defender suite (Defender for endpoints, Defender for cloud, Defender for cloud apps, M365 Defender)
• Infrastructure as Code (IaC), scripting tools (PowerShell, Python, terraform) proficiency to automate and streamline processes and workflows.
• Grow and scale a strong engineering organization that will be capable of supporting the growth of the technology portfolio and enterprise customer base.
• Partner closely with global companies as their most trusted Deloitte technical advisor.
• Define and lead strategy and roadmap, balancing short- and long-term priorities against the business needs.
• Advocate and influence the development of new technology on behalf of our third-party partners while also closely collaborating with internal cross-functional team leads, Product Management, and UX.
• Tell the Deloitte innovation story and help translate it into actionable steps global companies can take towards adoption.
• Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
• Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Deloitte and across the Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management, and documents.
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects in advisory and Cloud MSS
• Be an engaged manager who understands what individuals are working on, who maintains credibility with engineers, and participates in technical discussions.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.