Senior Manager, Credit Risk Models
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125276
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Would you like to further develop your career with our exponentially expanding Financial Advisory Service, Modelling and Value Advisory group? Are you up for the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and international clients to solve their quantitative and modelling issues?
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will help financial services industry (FSI) clients face quantitative issues with informed confidence.
Using your deep technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, you’ll provide professional advice to our FSI clients in a wide range of situations. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
Lead large/complex engagements and manage key client relationships in the credit risk modelling space (e.g. AIRB, IFRS 9, CECL, adjudication/behavioral scoring models and CCAR models), across model development, validation, and review functions.
You will also be able to learn and work in other quantitative and analytical areas such as forecasting and stress testing, customer behavior modeling, and new innovations such as machine learning and artificial intelligence.
You will also carry out various complex financial analyses including independent derivative valuation.
About the team
Deloitte’s Financial Advisory practice delivers highly specialized advisory solutions for companies facing critical business events where significant value is at stake, in every phase of the economic cycle. Our work is often high profile, high impact, and highly rewarding. If you’re looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow your career alongside the best and brightest in the industry, you’ll find it in Financial Advisory at Deloitte. Broaden your skills. Broaden your reach. Broaden your career. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience spent within a credit risk model development or model validation team at a major financial institution;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a team leading/people management capacity;
- Solid academic background with a PhD or Master’s Degree in Mathematical Finance, Finance, Financial Engineering, Financial Economics or other relevant post graduate degree;
- Solid knowledge of common practices in credit risk, including expected loss (PD, LGD, EAD) methodologies;
- Solid knowledge of supervisory/regulatory requirements as it pertains to credit risk models, including IFRS 9, AIRB, and CCAR;
- Ability to program in pertinent languages, such as Excel, SAS, R, and Python;
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.