First Nations/Métis/Inuit Candidates - ESC - Future Remote Roles
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125051
Primary Location: St. John's, NL
All Available Locations: St. John's, NL; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Moncton, NB; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven by our purpose to make an impact that matters to our clients, our people, and our communities. We have been committed to working with Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. By investing our time and professional skills, we aim to break down barriers, such as access to education and employment, in order to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all. From our vast Indigenous and allies community, to our recent Silver level certification in the PAR program from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, we continue to strive to advance reconciliation in all areas of our firm driven by our Reconciliation Action Plan.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters:
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, communities, and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place, as our Executive Support Services team of skilled Executive Service Coordinators, Executive Assistants and Senior Executive Assistants have an integral role to play in helping support our leaders in delivering quality service amid an environment of rising business expectations and market disruption in a creative and efficient client-centric manner.
We currently have full-time Executive Service Coordinator opportunities available working remotely across Canada. At this time, we are prioritizing Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) applicants for these roles who may be interested in career advancement opportunities.
What will your typical day look like?
As an Executive Service Coordinator your duties will include but not limited to:
- Calendar management, including proactively identifying and resolving conflicts
- Inbox management, including maintaining, organizing and escalating time-sensitive emails and approvals
- Travel coordination, including visas and security protocols
- Time and expense management
- Meeting and event coordination, attending and taking minutes when required
- Drafting, editing, and distributing communications
- Internal and external initiative support
- Peer-to-peer buddy support, teaming, and collaboration
- End-to-end logistical support of staff and client activities, including on-site participation
About the team
As a part of the Executive Support Services Team within Central Business Services, we work to leverage appropriate firm resources to manage and coordinate administrative tasks for our internal customers. Our team handles work-related matters on behalf of and alongside the Partners and Directors. We focus on growth, connection and continuous on-the-job learning and collaboration.
You will also be joining our growing Indigenous community within Deloitte – which consists of Indigenous employees (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) across Turtle Island working in several different service lines at the firm. On top of participating in and celebrating Indigenous cultures both in the workplace and individually through paid cultural days, our Indigenous community helps provide invaluable advice to the different areas of the firm on advancing reconciliation in a corporate setting.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- You self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) in Canada
- Minimum one – three years of executive support experience or a combination of experience and post-secondary education
- A focus on client service excellence, enhanced quality, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solutions-driven, forward-thinking, and able to troubleshoot strategically
- Collaborative, skilled at relationship and network-building
- Flexible, embracing change with enthusiasm and able to pivot quickly
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams); able to learn new technologies and tools
- Professional, diplomatic and excellent communication skills
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.