Finance Strategy Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124402
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Halifax, NS; Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
DTTL Finance is seeking an outstanding Manager for an exciting new role that combines financial analysis with a significant concentration on strategic projects.
This position will be focused on (1) developing strategic financial and operational analyses and presentations for senior leaders, (2) managing special projects, and (3) becoming a valued business partner to key stakeholders.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager in Global Finance & Accounting (GF&A), and is expected to work in concert with other members of the Global Finance team for completion of deliverables.
Successful candidates for this position will bring a strategic perspective, strong analytical mindset, experience with financial analysis and presentations.
As a Global Finance Strategy Manager, you will:
- Help Deloitte’s Global COO, CAO and Finance Leaders solve problems related to the firm’s financial performance, strategy and operations.
- Shape and execute in-depth financial and operational analyses to make strategic recommendations to leadership.
- Develop clear, concise and compelling executive-level communications, reports and presentations to display and communicate analyses and recommendations (both monthly & ad-hoc). Develop presentations from initial storyboarding to logical structuring to presentation and delivery.
- Interface with leaders across the firm and work through complex and challenging issues. Define, shape and execute analysis.
- Oversee activities of the junior staff, including delegation, supervision, task management and quality review.
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Finance provides the most cutting-edge and insightful research and analysis of the financial health of the entire Deloitte organization around the world. We advise, guide, and monitor global initiatives in five major areas: tax, member-firm reporting, finance and accounting, strategic projects, and financial analysis.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial analysis with advanced skills in strategic thinking, leadership, complex problem solving and attention to detail
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Experience with developing and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team member
- Understanding of financial statements, and financial and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by professional services firms
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with strong interpersonal/teaming skills and the ability to work effectively with and influence senior executives
- Ability to be self-directed and manage work independently
- Program management experience and ability to actively identify needed work activities and dependencies
- Experience in strategy consulting, corporate strategy or the equivalent is preferred
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.