Associate Lawyer - Senior Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124012
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP (“Deloitte Legal”) is seeking a tax associate to join our growing tax disputes and litigation practice in our Montréal office. The successful candidate will work with our team of tax litigators on a broad range of tax dispute matters, covering all aspects of tax litigation and dispute resolution.
Deloitte Legal is a national law firm with offices in Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary. Our firm was founded as a boutique firm serving clients exclusively in the area of Tax Law. While Deloitte Legal has grown into a multi-service law firm, tax law continues to be our largest practice. We act for a wide range of clients, including multinational enterprises and high net-worth individuals, and are frequently engaged on complex and pioneering cases. Our tax litigators have diverse professional backgrounds and work collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service.
We act as trusted, agile, business-savvy advisors empowering clients to achieve their business goals. We have the privilege of being affiliated with Deloitte, a world-renowned professional services firm, and being able to collaborate with other entities of the group worldwide.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Your experience and education
• You have at least a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant tax law and dispute resolution experience at a recognized national or local law firm;
• A LLM in Taxation and/or the CPA In-Depth course would be an asset but not a requirement;
• Strong academic record. Participation in a tax moot would be an asset, but not a requirement;
• Exceptional client service, interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and a willingness to learn and take initiative;
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with remarkable attention to detail; and
• You have effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple engagements with competing deadlines.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.