Senior Manager HR Operate
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123800
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
What will your typical day look like?
As a member of Deloitte's Payroll Operate practice, you will work with a dedicated and quickly growing team of certified practitioners to solve our client's complex issues in the Payroll, Time & Absence and Benefit Administration space. You will work alongside other Consultants on client implementations, ongoing operation and payroll compliance advisory work to support our senior leaders. This means you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects at once in various industries. You will play a key role in the delivery of payroll related services to our vast client group. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skillset with a variety of trainings as well as leading payroll projects running HCM platform such as SAP SuccessFactors, Workday and Oracle and leading a large team of experienced professionals.
In joining our team, you will play an integral part of the engagement team for clients working across all industries. You will help businesses grow and succeed with the provision of comprehensive HR solutions, and payroll compliance services for emerging and growing clients. Thanks to the diversity of our client engagements, the scope of your role may include the responsibilities summarized below:
- Responsible for all payroll functions of the organization – onboarding new employees, employee data administration, terminations of retiring employees, workforce management, leave and absence, payroll processing, benefits administration and reporting. As well as risk management for our clients
- Lead small to large payroll teams in the HR and Payroll function including contractors
- Oversee reporting of Payroll information to all stakeholders for our clients.
- Responsible for the quality of services for our clients
- Payroll process deliverables reviews to ensure the quality and timeliness of the reporting for our clients - Strong technical accounting skills are a must
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for our clients
- Maintain the integrity of the HR and Payroll system and inputs for our clients
- Understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment for our clients
- Supervising and mentoring payroll teams
- Develop improved processes (people, process, software) for our clients
- Roll out new technology into the HR and Payroll function to gain efficiency
- Participating in annual audits with our clients
- Client relations
- Project manage a portfolio of both client and internal projects
- Collaborating internally to develop custom solutions for small to large clients
- Support Partner with strategy and execution of strategy into the business
About the team
Payroll Operate provides client service solutions to private and public enterprises across a variety of industries. Members of the team will be engaging in their daily responsibilities primarily from home.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are a senior HR and Payroll practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
- Professional accounting designation required
- 10+ years of progressive corporate HR leadership and/or Director of HR experience; previous payroll services and advisory firm experience is a must
- 5+ years of senior management and leadership experience
- Experience performing HR and payroll activities, such as, onboarding new employees, employee data administration, terminations of retiring employees, workforce management, leave and absence, payroll processing, benefits administration and reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis with Canadian organizations is a must;
- Experience running small to large HR teams up to the leadership level.
- ERP system usage and implementation experience with propensity to learn new software, as required.
- Strong technical skills are a must
- Operational experience
- Experience with annual external and internal audits
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluent in English, French is an asset
- Experience understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
- Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities leveraging sound attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to manage complex projects
- Experience in talent development and strong coaching skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a team
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.