Associate/Senior Associate - CAD immigration Lawyer
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124385
Primary Location: Calgary, AB
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB; Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Would you like to continue your professional development and work in a dynamic and high-energy environment with a world-class employer? Well, this opportunity is for you!
What will your typical day look like?
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing Canadian business immigration accounts. This position offers excellent opportunities for career advancement to the right candidate.
As an Associate/ Senior Associate Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Preparing and/or overseeing the preparation and filing temporary and permanent residence applications
• Assessing eligibility for work permit and permanent residence applications
• Providing consultations and critical subject matter expertise on complex case-specific and strategic matters to develop and recommend approaches that mitigate risk and provide timely solutions
• Conducting in-depth research and remaining up to date on changes in immigration law and practice and drafting client alerts and memos on important developments
• Leading and/or partnering on technical project/program work with a focus on compliance and/or operational excellence
• Conducting ongoing internal reviews/audits of immigration data, processes and collateral
About the team
Farrell LLP Immigration Law practices exclusively in the area of immigration law. The firm was established to provide expert and efficient immigration legal services to corporations, businesses, the legal sector and individual clients. Employees at the firm, both staff and lawyers, have extensive experience and expertise in the full range Canadian and U.S. immigration matters, including consular processes, port of entry applications and many other related concerns. We have offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Law Degree and must be a member in good standing with Alberta Bar
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably in a high-volume business immigration practice working on the following types of matters: C20s, FTAs, ICT, GTS LMIAs, Express Entry and PNP Programs.
- Experience managing and directing the work of others.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.