Marketing Specialist, Indigenous & Brand
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124365
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Our Purpose and Reconciliation Action Plantion
At Deloitte, we are driven by our purpose to make an impact that matters to our clients, our people, and our communities by accelerating access to knowledge.
For nearly 30 years, we have been committed to working alongside Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations. By investing our time and professional skills, we aim to break down barriers, such as access to education and employment, to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all. From our vast Indigenous and allies community, to our recent Silver level certification in the PAR program from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, we continue to strive to advance reconciliation in all areas of our firm, as driven by our Reconciliation Action Plan.
To learn more on Deloitte Canada’s Reconciliation Action Plan:
Shaping a shared path for reconciliation | Deloitte Canada
Do you want to serve as a trusted advisor and work with the Marketplace leaders to plan and execute a full complement of marketing initiatives to drive growth and enhance market positioning? Read more below!
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will join Deloitte’s in-house marketing team supporting Deloitte’s purpose portfolio: primarily Deloitte Canada’s Reconciliation Action Plan and associated initiatives; Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability; and Climate; as well as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Key responsibilities will include assisting in the development, execution, and reporting of brand marketing campaigns and purpose-led strategies. Specifically, the Marketing Specialist will support tactics such as thoughtware / report development, digital and social promotion, event planning, sponsorships, and speaker and eminence programs by working with different functions within the firm, as well as key external groups stakeholders.
About the team
In this role you will join a passionate team within Deloitte’s in-house marketing agency, and there will also be the opportunity to join our growing Indigenous community at Deloitte – which consists of Indigenous employees (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) across Turtle Island working in several different service lines at the firm. On top of participating in and celebrating Indigenous cultures in the workplace, our Indigenous community helps provide invaluable advice to the different areas of the firm on advancing reconciliation in a corporate setting.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who/with:
- Self-identifies as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) in Canada
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing experience and a passion for the marketing communications industry
- Bachelor degree or diploma in business, marketing, communication or related field
- Demonstrated interest and experience in advancing reconciliation with Indigenous and non-Indigenous Peoples
- Experience working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples (and communities and expertise in issues faced by Indigenous Peoples and communities in Canada) considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with a keen eye for detail and proficient using Microsoft Office
- Experience working with senior professionals in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated effective project and budget management skills: must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and timelines independently
- Lead the implementation of marketing and communications campaigns or campaign initiatives as identified in the marketing plan. This may include, but is not limited to tactics such as:
- collateral and thoughtware development (reports)
- event planning (including virtual)
- digital and social media coordination
- Have a high standard of quality and provide quality assurance review on all projects
- Bilingualism (English, French, and/or any Indigenous language) is an asset
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.