Report Developer Manager - Deloitte Global
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124463
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
What will your typical day look like?
The Report Developer Manager will have experience with delivering reports and dashboards within PowerBI and Tableau. While this developer should have experience connecting to and working with Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL DW, they should also be familiar with other data stores as a source for data to be analyzed. This candidate should have solid communication skills, analytical aptitude with critical thinking, a solid understanding of reporting capabilities, KPIs, requirements definitions, and report development processes, and the tools and platforms that support them, as they will be directly interacting with users of reports and dashboards that they’ll be delivering.
- Deliver complex reports and dashboards based on user requirements within the PowerBI and Tableau environment
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled contact calls to provide status to leadership on all active work
- Perform Break/Fix work on existing reports and dashboards
- Proactively keep management informed of timeline risks, data risks, and changes in scope from the users
- Deliver comprehensive support documentation for each reporting asset delivered
- Participate in the development of training materials and engage in user training of the reporting tools
- Contribute to, produce, and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation for the reporting assets and its administration
- Adoption – lead efforts to communicate and support overall adoption of reporting capabilities
- Contribute to the reporting standards & guidelines and be able to communicate to end users
- View and modify data in the database using SQL to confirm accuracy and structure
About the team
Global Technology Services works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Bachelor's degree in related/relevant field
- 5+ years of development experience with technical knowledge of reporting technologies and approaches, data integration, and KPI development, using industry standard tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering requirements and working directly with users to produce assets that meet their expectations.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of data warehouses and ETL techniques
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.