Analyst Intern, Financial Engineering & Analytics, Financial Advisory - Winter 2024 - Toronto
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 124334
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
A career in Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in Financial Modelling, Valuation and GIPS related fields.
What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst Intern on our Financial Engineering & Analytics team, you will:
- Develop and/or review different quantitative risk models, including credit risk/market risk/pricing/insurance/valuation models according to best market practices
- Be involved in different risk management consulting projects for our clients
- Carry out various complex derivatives (e.g. swaps, swaptions, structured notes, etc.) valuation analyses
- Conduct performance verification for asset management companies under CFA GIPS requirement
- Contribute to practice growth and development
About the team
The Financial Engineering & Analytics team comprises of an eminent bunch of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working across risk/insurance modelling, valuations, Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) related financial sphere.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people who are experienced and respected in quantitative finance fields
- Engage in group works with our team to develop solutions for our clients
- Develop professional skills needed to advance in your chosen career path
- Gain exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our two-year Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements, proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in Finance, Mathematical Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or any other relevant programs
- Knowledge in the following areas would be an asset:
- Market and/or credit risk management
- Financial products and derivatives, Bloomberg/Reuters, and FINCAD
- CFA GIPS standards and guidance
- Enrolled in relevant professional designation (i.e. FRM, PRM, CFA) is beneficial, though not required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience in conducting research, synthesizing data, writing reports and preparing presentations, working in pressure of deadlines
- Good programming skills (e.g. SAS/R/Visual Basic/C++) and knowledge of database tools
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.