Podium Club Events and Experience Coordinator - Winter 2024 Co-op/Intern (4 months) - Toronto
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 124277
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
Working closely with the Senior Manager and other members of the team, the Events and Experience Coordinator helps with project management, administrative support and execution elements required to deliver a best-in-class experience for our members. With guidance from the team, this role uses established procedures to:
- Provide end-to-end support for virtual, hybrid and in-person events, including planning, logistics coordination, virtual production and on-site support
- Develop online registration sites for each event and have full accountability for registration and attendance reporting
- Act as the key technology resource for events, understanding the requirements and liaising with IT to provide an elevated experience
- Provide administrative support, including member communications and regular leadership and independence reporting
- Build strong relationships with the Podium Club concierge, onsite service provider and other internal departments to ensure delivery of a differentiated member experience
With this said, no two days are the same.
About the team
Deloitte’s Boardroom Program is designed specifically for Canadian board directors with an objective of promoting conversation among the key leaders of the Canadian business community. The Podium Club is a key asset and is an elevated experience featuring a comprehensive calendar of tailored programming and a bespoke business lounge in downtown Toronto.
Podium Club is part of the Event and Podium Experience team, which is responsible for the end-to-end planning and delivery for National virtual, hybrid and in-person events and programming. The team works in collaboration with our hospitality provider at our flagship office in Toronto in delivering a world class experience for our clients, people and communities. Event and programming planning and delivery include program design and creation, external supplier and production management and technology event solutions that enable an elevated and seamless experience.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma, event and/or hospitality management areas are preferred
- Able to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize
- Motivated, a self-starter, independent and proactive
- Able to work effectively on a team in a virtual team environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook; facility to learn and work in various systems; prior experience with Zoom is an asset
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.