Analyst Intern, Value Creation Services, Financial Advisory - Winter 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 124338
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC; Calgary, AB; Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
We help solve the complex business and performance challenges faced by our clients, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A… or sometimes all of the above!
What will your typical day look like?
Well that is the fun part - it depends. As an Analyst Intern, you will have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services. That said, if you asked one of our current Analysts about the types of things they have actually done over the past year or so, they would probably include things like:
- Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including supporting financial analysis / models and implementation plans
- Assist with the assessment and configuration of a client’s target operating model, and the identification of synergies and key value drivers
- Prepare assigned sections of client reports and other deliverables, and occasionally participate in their presentation to client executives
- Have fun and so much more!
About the team
Our team specializes in cross-functional and cross-industry advisory in high-urgency timeframes. Our main areas of focus are:
- Transition Management and Rapid Assessment:
- M&A Execution: Working with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute post-merger integration programs that help maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruptions and accelerate & de-risk deal closing.
- Enterprise Profitability: Helping clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
- Due Diligence: Operational, IT and Commercial due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements,
proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Interested in problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Familiar with the M&A lifecycle at an operational level and events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround, etc.)
- The ability to contribute to the production of high quality reports outlining key project issues, data analysis and recommendations through effective and visual PowerPoint reports (including logical structuring and storyboarding skills)
- Capable of making detailed assessments of technology, operations or back office functions
Quebec Location: We require basic English language skills to meet the needs of our clients. In the context of mandates, you could work for clients with activities outside of Quebec and where the first language is English.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.