Consultant, Treasury, Risk Advisory - New Grad 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: New Graduate
Reference code: 124349
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new challenges? If so, Deloitte LLP could be the place for you. Join Deloitte's Treasury Risk Advisory team and become a member of the largest group of risk professionals worldwide.
What will your typical day look like?
There are no typical days! Working in Treasury Risk Advisory offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from people with different backgrounds and workings styles. Your days will be filled with impact – professionally, socially, and personally. Professionally, you will synthesize and communicate complex analyses to senior executives for them to take effective action at their global organizations. Socially, you will work through exciting challenges with peers and colleagues, solving complicated and substantial problems. Personally, you will share your successes, learnings, and personal brand with teammates that will expand your networks and become colleagues for life.
You will be part of Deloitte’s specialized Treasury Risk Advisory practice working with clients to select, implement and/or optimize enabling technologies and associated business policies and procedures. You will be accountable for executing client service delivery on complex engagements while focusing on client excellence and project profitability. Activities may include participating in functional design mapping, participating in client meetings, attending workshops, development/delivery of client deliverables and broader support of business transformations in the Treasury and Commodity Risk Management space. It will be important for you to help bridge functional design concepts with technical capabilities in a simple, easy-to-understand way to communicate this to our clients. To be a trusted advisor for the client, you will need to understand the client’s business environment, and risk management approaches. You will be focusing on building and sustaining long term client relationships. You will be encouraged to present innovative solutions/ideas.
About the team
At Deloitte, we believe taking risks is a business imperative. Risk Advisory professionals are consulting specialists that help our clients navigate business risks and opportunities, embrace complexity, accelerate performance and gain competitive advantage.
Deloitte’s Treasury Advisory team works with CFO’s, CIO’s, CRO’s, Treasurers and others within the treasury organization address key business challenges and enhance all aspects of treasury operations and controls. We differentiate ourselves by combining deep Treasury business experience with exceptional technical expertise in one team. Our team is comprised of specialists in cash and liquidity management, foreign exchange, financial risk and controls, debt and investments management, policies, governance, and treasury technology. We are recognized in the industry as a leader in both Treasury Risk Management and Treasury Technology.
Become a risk leader at Deloitte.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma by September 2024; targeted programs included but not limited to a Bachelor of Commerce with a concentration in Business Technology Management (BTMA), Business Analytics (BANA), and Finance (FNCE)
- Demonstrated understanding, through relevant coursework or work experience, in one or more of the following business areas is considered an asset: Treasury Operations, Cash and Liquidity Management, Banking, Financial Risk Management (Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate, Commodity Risk), Working Capital Management, Treasury Risk Policies and Governance;
- Familiarity with business process analysis, requirements gathering, design and controls, project and systems lifecycles, UML diagrams;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Treasury Technologies (such as SAP, Kyriba) including cash and liquidity management, payments, bank account reconciliation, transaction management for debt, investments, foreign exchange, etc. bank connectivity and file formats for bank statements and payments, considered an asset.
- Experience with Treasury system implementation projects in the areas of business process design, functional specifications, documentation, testing, etc. considered an asset.
- Authorized to work in Canada and willingness to travel within North America
- An inclusive team player who is passionate and motivated to take initiative
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Self-starter and able to conceptualize creative approaches and solutions
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.