Consultant, Risk Data, Analytics and Technology Consulting, Risk Advisory - New Grad 2024 - Toronto
Job Type: New Graduate
Reference code: 124355
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Join a team that prides itself on commitment to data, analytics and technology innovation, critical and fresh thinking, creative solution solving, and the privilege of serving leading Canadian and Global organizations.
Are you ready for revolutionary data and technology challenges in the ever-evolving risk consulting area? Do you want to experience a high-impact, high-profile, highly rewarding environment working for pre-eminent Canadian and Global organizations? Do you want to solve emerging risks and develop strategies and insights to aid institutions in innovating and transforming their risk operations by leveraging cutting-edge technologies and applying advanced data analytics? Are you ready to be empowered to lead and make impacts with clients, our communities and within Deloitte?
If yes, we would love to have you join our team! Work with data and technology leaders in the field of risk consulting globally to combine innovative thinking with program and technological execution. Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative team.
What will your typical day look like?
There are no typical days! Working in Data, Analytics and Technology team in Risk Consulting offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from people with different backgrounds and working styles. Your days will be filled with impact – professionally, socially, and personally. Professionally, you will synthesize and communicate complex analyses to senior executives for them to take effective action at their global organizations. Socially, you will work through exciting challenges with peers and colleagues, solving complicated and substantial problems. Personally, you will share your successes and learnings with colleagues that will expand your network and become connections for life. In the post-pandemic world, Deloitte also introduced a hybrid workplace model to all practitioners to offer flexibility of working remotely or in office.
You will focus on delivering the following types of risk consulting solutions to Global and Canada’s distinguished organizations across the end-to-end Risk Spectrum.
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
- Technology Implementation
- Risk Data Strategy & Architecture
- Risk Data Modelling & Engineering
- Risk Data Analytics, Reporting & Dashboarding
- Risk Data Governance & Management
Our Risk Spectrum covers, but not limited to, risk areas such as Regulatory Compliance, Financial Risk (Credit, Market, Liquidity) Management, Enterprise/Operational Risk Management and Financial Crime.
You will develop specialized skills and extensive experience to help clients effectively and proactively manage their risks across these risk areas. You will collaborate with multi-service teams to help our clients envision new ways to address and automate risk operations within their organization. You will challenge yourself to learn and implement new and emerging technologies to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. You will apply advanced analytics methodologies and data management techniques to make impacts and add value to our client’s business.
About the team
We are the largest Risk Consulting practice in Canada. Our Data and Technology Team is a key capability within Risk Consulting function to provide end-to-end services related to Data and Technology to executives and boards. We support organizations across the full Data and Technology lifecycle of risk management, from data and technology strategy development to reporting, analytics and technology implementation, and our services can enhance their operational efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, compliance, and integrity. We also are continually supporting clients optimize their risk management capabilities through innovative data & technology solutions and new operating models.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma between January – August 2024
- Interested in risk management across our risk spectrum
- Interested in consulting professional services or a client-based environment, functional experience in risk management
- Interested in business, risk, and technology transformation initiatives, and/or leading and driving changes
- Interested in risk data analytics and visualizations, and/or emerging tools and technologies is an asset
- Having some experience / familiarity with the data modelling and data visualization tools is a bonus, such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, SQL, Python, R, Excel VBA
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trustworthy and durable relationships with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information to produce clear, concise, and logical presentations and reports
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A self-starter who is able to conceptualize creative approaches and complex solutions
- An inclusive team player who is passionate and motivated
- Curiosity and comfortability with ambiguity
- Dedicated to providing meaningful service to our clients
- Willingness to travel to client locations, as required
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.