Consulting - New Grad 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: New Graduate
Reference code: 124345
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saskatoon, SK; Vancouver, BC; Winnipeg, MB
Business Strategist Available Locations: Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Certified Technologist Available Locations: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal, Vancouver, Halifax, Toronto, Ottawa
Problem Solver Available Locations: Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Regina
Technical Engineer Available Locations: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal, Vancouver, Fredericton, Toronto
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living Our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on meaningful projects and connect with other passionate individuals while leveraging state-of-the-art technologies? Whatever your passion, join us if you want to help solve some of the toughest business issues and shape the future of our country together.
What will your typical day look like in Consulting?
We are a modern consultancy - combining strategy expertise with deep technology, analytics, and operations experience, to create pragmatic solutions and outcomes.
In Deloitte Consulting, you will work with collaborative teams that aim to shape every aspect of businesses and help organizations across a wide range of industries to imagine, deliver, and run their future. Your typical responsibilities may include conducting research, synthesizing results, preparing client workshops and presentations, analyzing and visualizing data, designing new products and digital assets, innovating tools and methodologies, and supporting strategic firm initiatives. You will have the opportunity to leverage your professional background and skills be specializing immediately or by gaining exposure to several industries and competencies during your first few years with the firm.
About Consulting Pathways
Deloitte does it all - from advising on organizational strategies and implementing modern technology to reimagining end-to-end user experiences and reengineering business processes. The breadth of our offerings allow you to explore different domains and industries - whether you're looking to drive innovation or hone your technical skills, there's a place here for you to have 30 careers in 30 years.
To help you navigate the endless opportunities in Consulting, you can apply to your top 2 preferred pathways below based on your skills and interests:
- Problem Solver - Explore and solve diverse business challenges across industries
- Technical Engineer - Design, build, test, and deploy hardware and software systems
- Certified Technologist - Become a configuration professional in a leading edge technology
- Business Strategist - Create strategies for growth, differentiation, and value creation
- AI & Data Specialist - Maximize business value through data and AI capabilities
- Digital Enthusiast - Combine creativity and technology to elevate human experience
- Finance Transformationalist – Advise and optimize Finance functions
Want to learn more? Click here for more details around each of the seven pathways.
In addition to pathways, you will have the option to indicate preferences for certain industries and problem types during the application process. If you do not have an industry or problem type preference, that’s okay, too! It will not impact your application. Once submitted, our Talent team will match you to the team or focus area that is best aligned to your skills and experiences based on your information.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are working towards completing a post-secondary degree program and graduating by September 2024
- Display initiative, creativity, enjoy problem solving and are looking to make an impact
- Have technical proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Are legally eligible to work in Canada and able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Here's what you need for ALL Consulting Pathways, in particular, for Problem Solver, Certified Technologist, Business Strategist, and Finance Transformationalist:
- Curiosity - You are eager to learn, ask thoughtful questions, and are always connecting the dots
- Analytical Thinking - You can dissect problems to uncover insights with strong attention to detail
- Teamwork - You work collaboratively with others to deliver on team goals and client outcomes
- Adaptability - You are comfortable with ambiguity and can pivot with rapidly evolving demands
- Leadership - You proactively anticipate needs and take initiative and ownership to drive results
- Communication - You organize your thoughts/ideas effectively through written and verbal means
If you are leaning toward a more technical focus, you will require the skills and experiences below.
For the Business Strategist Pathway:
- Operations Strategy: You want to focus on shaping realistic strategies and bringing them to life from implementation through to execution, developing subject matter expertise while experiencing the diverse span of projects in consulting.
- Strategy and Business Design: You want to work with multinational organization executives to solve their most pressing challenges across the country, helping them design and articulate their strategy and support business transformation and innovation service lines.
For the Technical Engineer Pathway:
- You should have strong development skills and experience with modern programming languages/frameworks and scripting (e.g., Java, C#, Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, etc.) as well as exposure to architecting solutions for systems and applications, including knowledge of cloud infrastructure and engineering and/or experience with design patterns and object-oriented design to architect systems and applications.
For the Digital Enthusiast Pathway*:
- If you are interested in the Product Design and Engineering problem type, you should have a portfolio or case study demonstrating your UX/UI skills and/or experience with Angular, React, React Native, iOS, Android, AR/VR, Node.js or other application development languages/frameworks.
- If you are interested in the Customer Experience Platforms problem type, you should have experience unlocking value from customer and citizen data to create personalized experiences and build deeper customer relationships from sales to service using leading technologies (e.g., Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamic, ServiceNow Customer Service Management, etc.)
For the AI & Data Specialist Pathway*:
For all problem types under this pathway, you should be interested in supporting cross-industry clients to embed AI into their organization. You should be comfortable with storytelling through data to draw insights and display eminence in actionable recommendations.
- If you are interested in the Data Engineering and Architecture problem type, you should have good development skills in a programming language of your choice, leading the client to build out advanced analytics and AI capabilities.
- If you are interested in the Data Science and Visual Analytics problem type, you should have experience in understanding how to make large and complex datasets more understandable using data science, machine learning and data wrangling toolkits. You will combine data analytics, information design, and visualization to enable AI solutions.
- If you are interested in the Intelligent Automation problem type, you should be able to identify high-value automation opportunities within the business and configure solutions by leveraging RPA and other complementary AI technologies, in efforts to automate end-to-end business processes.
*Note: Opportunities within the Finance Transformationalist, Digital Enthusiast, and AI & Data Specialist Pathways will become available in future cycles.
Quebec Location: We require basic English language skills to meet the needs of our clients. In the context of mandates, you could work for clients with activities outside of Quebec and where the first language is English.
Ottawa Location: Employees in the Ottawa Consulting practice will be required to obtain “reliability” and/or “Secret” level federal security clearances as a condition of their employment. To be eligible for a "Reliability" status you must have resided in Canada for the last five (5) years and for "Secret" level, the last ten (10) years.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Still not sure which pathway is the best fit for you? Review our pathways more in depth here to learn more and help tailor your application package. Please also ensure to review all available locations for your pathway preferences at the top of the job posting before applying.
For the Business Strategist pathway, apply by September 7, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For all other pathways, apply by September 19, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.