Analyst, Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3) - Co-op/Intern 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 124357
Primary Location: Kitchener, ON
All Available Locations: Kitchener, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you a current student looking to pursue a 12-16 month Internship? At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, in different industry sectors, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients’ most pressing concerns and complex challenges.
In this role you will:
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems in accessing government incentives, specifically the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit program.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office (currently remote and in person when safe to do so).
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
What will your typical day look like?
Our clients range from technology startups to large Canadian and global companies. As a Gi3 technology professional at Deloitte, you will:
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to assess our client’s technology projects in relation to the eligibility criteria for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credits;
- Be technically curious and interested in new emerging technological developments of all kinds, by keeping current with innovative developments in the area of your technical focus;
- Communicate directly and indirectly with our clients to understand their technology, products, and operations to determine which of their activities qualify for SR&ED and other government incentives;
- Communicate through technical project reports how the client’s research and development activities meet the eligibility requirements of the SR&ED program and various incentive programs;
- Assist our clients in compiling their available documentation as supporting evidence for their SR&ED and government incentive applications
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
About the team
We are currently looking for qualified engineering/science co-op/interns to join our Gi3 team. Deloitte’s Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives team both in Canada and globally. We help Canadian companies become more competitive globally by advising them on business and financial strategies to access SR&ED tax credits and government incentives to support technology innovation.
- Technology, Media, & Telecom (TMT)
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in software engineering, computer science, and electrical/computer engineering disciplines to join our team.
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering disciplines, and physical or life sciences to join our team.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
- Working towards an Engineering/Science/Engineering Technologist Degree in one of the following industry sectors:
- Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) - Working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Manufacturing - Working towards an Engineering/Engineering Technologist/Science Undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical, Chemistry, Biology or Physics
- You are technically curious and interested in emerging technological developments, particularly in your area of technical focus.
- Superior verbal and written communication with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate technical solutions and activities.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams; and self-driven to work independently
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client needs and conditions and experience in a technical or engineering environment is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Bilingual in English and French required for Montreal location
Quebec Location: We require basic English language skills to meet the needs of our clients. In the context of mandates, you could work for clients with activities outside of Quebec and where the first language is English.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.