Tax Analyst, Tax & Legal - Transfer Pricing - New Grad 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: New Graduate
Reference code: 124353
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC; Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax & Legal Practice at Deloitte.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role as a Transfer Pricing Analyst at Deloitte:
· Understanding and applying the OECD concepts as they relate to transfer pricing
· Participating in client meetings and interviews
· Analyzing and helping clients develop intercompany policies for tangible products, services, intangible property and financial transactions
· Performing risk analysis of companies by reviewing their operations and identifying potential transfer pricing issues
· Conducting research and market analysis to assist clients on transfer pricing matters
· Preparing comprehensive financial and economic models to assist in establishing or supporting transfer pricing policies
· Drafting transfer pricing reports, analyses and presentations.
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
About the team
Deloitte’s globally-managed transfer pricing team helps companies reduce risks by aligning practical transfer pricing solutions with overall global business operations and objectives, assists with strategic documentation to support transfer pricing practices, and resolves disputes efficiently. The tax services at Deloitte are a driving force in the growth of the firm in Canada and globally. Deloitte has been recognized globally as the top firm for tax and transfer pricing services. The Transfer Pricing service line is a rapidly expanding area of the Canadian firm. We provide a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity and communication.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree in Economics, Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting, Law, Mathematics or Statistics. Progress towards a master’s degree in one of these fields is considered an asset
- Demonstrated leader, who takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills, excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams; and an ability to thrive in an environment of pressing deadlines and constantly changing conditions
- Experience with MS office suite (significant experience with Excel is an asset)
Quebec Location: We require basic English language skills to meet the needs of our clients. In the context of mandates, you could work for clients with activities outside of Quebec and where the first language is English.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Calgary: September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Toronto: September 19, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Montreal: September 22, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.