Tax Analyst, Tax & Legal - New Grad 2024 - Multiple Locations
Job Type: New Graduate
Reference code: 124354
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB; Halifax, NS; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax & Legal (T&L) Practice at Deloitte.
What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Tax Analyst at Deloitte you will:
- Develop experience in a broad range of fully integrated tax service lines
- Team in an open, creative, dynamic, collaborative environment, where leaders listen and good ideas are welcomed
- Work in a flexible and friendly setting
- Engrain yourself in a culture that fosters excellence – a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead
- Learn on the job, online and in the classroom and from professionals and inspiring leaders
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
About the team
You will be a part of the world’s largest professional services network working to provide clients with the confidence to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment and to create the future of Tax & Legal. Good news for you. Tax & Legal is the most global of all Deloitte businesses and recognized as one of the leaders in our industry by the top reporting and ranking agencies and as one of the best places to work. Our Canadian Tax and Legal Practice includes over 1,300 professionals across the country. The Canadian Tax Practice includes the following service lines: Business Tax, R&D and Government Incentives (Gi3), International Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Transfer Pricing, US Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Global Employer Services, Immigration Assignment Services and Deloitte Tax Law.
At Deloitte, your career path is flexible. You will support organizations of all sizes and in different industries to help them structure business transactions and perform better. Your initial role will provide you with a variety of experience in many aspects of the Tax practice:
- Business Tax (Private & Corporate Tax): Our Private Services include entity income tax planning and compliance services, individual tax and wealth planning matters, and family offices. We specialize in assisting small to mid-sized businesses with their expansion and succession plans. Our Corporate Tax offerings deliver a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps multinational businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialized services to achieve cost efficiencies in line with the company’s risk profile. Additionally, we assist our audit colleagues with the accounting and auditing of the provision for taxes, the disclosure and accounting of uncertain tax positions and tax exposures.
- US Tax: The US Tax practice is focused on providing advisory and compliance services for multi nationals (Canada, US). Many successful Canadian-based companies look to the U.S. for expansion. To minimize tax liabilities, ensure compliance, and take full advantage of cross-border opportunities, they need advice from experts who understand U.S. federal and state taxation laws and their interaction with Canadian tax principles.
- Global employer services: Global workplace has brought risk sensitivity for both employers and employees. Our Global Employer Services (GES) Team advises small and large organizations with both global and domestic workforces on compliance and consulting matters such as Canadian and foreign personal income taxes, social security obligations, cross border payroll, compensation strategies, relocation policy development, etc. Our GES specialists across Canada are available to ensure tax planning and compliance requirements are met while offering a broad range of cost-effective, value-added tax planning that recognizes each country's unique economic and cultural environment.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Demonstrated leader, who takes initiative in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- Experience with MS office suite (significant experience with Excel is an asset)
Quebec Location: We require basic English language skills to meet the needs of our clients. In the context of mandates, you could work for clients with activities outside of Quebec and where the first language is English.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Toronto: Apply by September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Calgary: Apply by September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Montreal: Apply by September 22, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Vancouver: Apply by September 10, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Halifax: Apply by: September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Ottawa: Apply by: September 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.