Senior Manager, Global Mobility Tax
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124200
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with one of the world’s largest providers of Global Employer Services? Now you can!
What will your typical day look like?
Deloitte's GES practice is now looking for experienced tax professionals that want a challenging and rewarding career. Our Global Employer Services specialists advise small and large organizations with both global and domestic workforces on tax compliance and consulting matters related to Canadian and foreign personal income taxes, social security obligations, cross border payroll, compensation, relocation policy development, remote workers, etc.
We are seeking talented individuals who are enthusiastic about providing tax solutions and services to our client base. You will also advise clients on cross border tax matters considering the changing global landscape, provide value added advisory tax services, assist on how to best utilize technology to achieve efficiencies, streamline processes or ensure compliance and make decision in confidence based on analysis of available information to drive business success. We serve a variety of industries including financial services, consumer business, aerospace, engineering, and mining.
About the team
Deloitte is one of the world’s largest providers of Global Employer Services (GES). We have dedicated professionals serving employers and their assignees from multinational companies throughout the world. Our GES specialists across Canada are available to ensure tax planning and compliance requirements are met while offering a broad range of cost-effective, value-added tax planning that recognizes each country’s unique economic and cultural environment.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials; a completed master’s degree in Tax or an accounting designation
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in global mobility tax matters, including experience in providing cross-border tax advisory services and managing global compliance engagements requiring Canadian and US Tax knowledge;
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence; excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Interest in guiding and coaching junior team members
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- An ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions, along with proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving.
- Canadian travel required, occasional international travel
- You are flexible in terms of work schedule, as overtime will be required at various times during year
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.