Senior Financial Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124253
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Halifax, NS; Burlington, ON; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Ottawa, ON; Toronto, ON; Vaughan, ON; Windsor, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
If you are a highly analytical, exceptional business advisor focused on making a difference than we want to hear from you!
What will your typical day look like?
This role within the Financial Business Partner team, you will foster strong working relationships with the team’s clients and leverage exceptional technical skills to optimize internal processes and drive significant efficiencies. You will prepare and present insights based on analyses, key metrics trending, quantified risks and opportunities and perform regular financial reporting, forecasting and planning.
About the team
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be managing the Financial Planning and Analysis function to one of Deloitte’s highly profitable business lines. You will work alongside the Firm’s Executive leaders to drive operational excellence and outstanding financial performance by providing insightful, actionable recommendations related to but not limited to client profitability, resource optimization, and investments with the highest rate of return. Furthermore, you will lead/support internal Finance Projects and Business wide initiatives in collaboration with functional/business colleagues and leaders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- University degree in business/commerce/Accounting or related fields
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressive experience in a FP&A role in a fast paced environment, Ideally with other cross-functional experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, Outlook (Pivots and formulas such as nested Ifs, Sumifs, Vlookups, Hlookups, Index/Match etc.)
- Strong Technical Skills to efficiently handle large data sets and concisely present and summarize for our Executives,
- Curious mindset and ability in developing recommendation that aligns to business strategies,
- Exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail,
- Interest in lead/support ad-hoc projects and business wide initiatives.
- An Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA) or MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of AO, SAP, Cognos
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.