Reference Data Mgr., CoRe Data Management, Deloitte Global CoRe Digital, Data, Analytics & Innov.
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124249
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
This professional will lead the development, oversight, and governance of the Deloitte Reference Data, facilitate the change management processes, and drive adoption of reference data within member firm and global applications. You will:
- Be responsible for leading the adoption of master reference/taxonomy data, implementing the global strategy, and guiding the change management globally focusing on optimizing data management practices and procedures across several data domains.
- Assist in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across multi-subject systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as identify areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
Collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards. Success in the role is defined via MDM technology strategy deliverables, including activities supporting data standards, data governance processes, data quality, MDM tools, MDM best practices, and MDM implementations.
You will work with Deloitte’s business areas, IT project teams, upstream data managers and the global reference/taxonomy data team to drive adoption of the global and member firm Reference Data programs and ensure compliance of local reference data with global policies, standards and governance.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop strategy & processes for managing Reference Data development and implementation in member firms and global content management, people, and financial reporting applications.
- Engage with business stakeholders from financial, talent, industry and business practice areas to evaluate and develop the Deloitte Reference Data, providing an advisory and coordination role.
- Continually evaluate and remediate issues of non-alignment with the enterprise program standards and improve usability of master reference data in firm systems.
- Act as a product owner for Reference Data standards and establish and manage a baseline of a common understanding of data fields, schemas, processes, and general standards (transaction taxonomies, industries etc.).
- Partner with Reference Data Managers globally to align on standard Reference Data modeling best practices and meaningful local exceptions
- Collaborate in defining business logic that supports reference data model automation
- Develop a Deloitte reference data roadmap to:
- Engage the business in reducing the differences between local and global reference data
- Guide the business in identifying and aligning application and business process requirements that improve the usability of reference data in local and global systems
- Establish Reference Data/data lifecycle
- Optimize data quality and promote best practice
- Improve data delivery efficiency and accuracy
- Develop & refine quality processes and documentation that promote data integrity in firm systems through:
- Advising internal and external site owners on topics such as navigation, search refiners and tagging optimization
- Assisting with the development of Reference Data requirements and consumption planning
- Developing expertise on local and global data flows across integrated applications
Specifically, you will:
- Maintain Reference Data program’s presence on internal sites and collaboration tools and promote the Reference Data program in the member firm, both independently and as part of CoRe Data Management Services Reference Data team
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global CoRe provides seven fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, data management assessment services, data protection, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how these services are delivered across the organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization within and across borders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are somewith:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in a related discipline such as business administration, information or data management, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, Data Governance or Cloud Computing etc.
- Experience establishing, developing and maintaining master reference data in a global organization including an understanding of the theoretical principles of reference data architecture and experience adapting controlled vocabularies to meet specific organizational or business needs.
- Experience with multi-system integration
- Experience in master data governance strategy, processes, operations, and leading practices (data governance, data modeling, data quality, data lineage, master data management, metadata management, data analytics etc.)
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis (comparing multiple datasets) using tools such as SQL, Excel, and Access
- Ability to identify and mitigate data quality issues effectively
- Experience working within a virtual team environment, overseeing offshore team members
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record in driving and delivering business results through the implementation of business process improvements and innovative technology solutions
- Ability to drive continuous data management quality (i.e. completeness, accuracy) through defined and governed principles
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand, integrate, and communicate business strategies and program/initiative/product information and benefits to gain support, buy-in, and adoption
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business environment
- Experience with Informatica highly desirable
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.