DevOps Engineer (Azure) - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124172
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
In this role, professional will:
- Collaborate with team members to understand business requirements and create clear, technical specifications outlining specifics required for infrastructure configurations needed for applications . Supplies estimations, status updates, and escalations to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational expertise in making our systems fail rarely, and are fast to fix when they do fail
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements to the development teams to improve the reliability and performance of applications
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in application performance analysis and system tuning, and capacity planning
- Perform root cause analysis to identify & implement continuous improvements
- Present analysis and recommendations to leadership or discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In order to be successful in this role, you need:
- a BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Some experience with software engineering and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL Server, PowerShell
- An understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with VSTS, or similar ALM tool, Selenium or similar test automation tools (Optional)
- Hands on knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Past experience developing in a software development language (e.g., preferably C#/C++) -- Optional
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Robust experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience in designing for failure, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning, operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Knowledge of latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.