Senior SAP BTP Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123811
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior SAP BTP Developer you are expected to:
• Continually learn the latest and emerging SAP technologies to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
• Work with customer teams to be able to understand the business needs and requirements
• Plan and run customer workshops, design and build enhancements/extensions , create plans for integration and unit testing.
• Supervise and coach junior colleagues and manage parts of client engagements
• Mentor junior consultants and share experiences with peers
• Support sales pursuits and practice development initiatives
• Promote and foster collaboration and knowledge sharing between practitioners within Deloitte
• Develop, maintain, and optimize applications and services using the RAP and CAP models in the SAP BTP.
• Create technical designs for the applications based on the functional requirements.
• Collaborate with other developers, functional teams, and stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of solutions.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical issues.
• Provide technical guidance to the team and stakeholders, helping them understand and utilize RAP and CAP effectively.
About the team
• The SAP practice offers a truly distinctive talent experience that allows our people to do meaningful work; we also offer them opportunities for growth, learning, and leadership wherever they are in their careers.
• We recognize that the technology landscape is rapidly changing; our SAP practice stays ahead by embracing innovation and industry leading solutions to transform businesses.
• Deloitte’s SAP practitioners builds expertise in services covering all project phases from exploration, to business cases, to detailed design, to end-to-end system implementation, and beyond, whether in an agile or traditional approach.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
• Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
• At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a BTP Developer
• SAP BTP Knowledge: Deep understanding of SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) including its capabilities, services, and development environments.
• ABAP Restful Application Programming (RAP): Expertise in the ABAP RAP model in SAP S/4HANA for creating efficient, scalable, and maintainable ABAP applications. Knowledge of key RAP concepts such as Business Objects, Behavior Definitions, and Service Definitions.
• Cloud Application Programming (CAP) model: Proficiency in the Cloud Application Programming model for building services and applications on SAP BTP. Understanding of CAP's core notions like Services, Entities, and Events.
• Microservices Architecture: Understanding of microservices architecture principles and how to implement them in the context of SAP BTP.
• SAP UI5 / Fiori: Experience in developing and extending SAP Fiori applications, preferably in the SAP BTP environment.
• APIs and Protocols: Knowledge of RESTful APIs, OData Services, and HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
• Data Modeling: Skills in data modeling and familiarity with CDS views.
• DevOps: Understanding of DevOps principles, including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with System integrators, teammates, onshore/offshore teams, and stakeholders.
• Relevant SAP certifications.
• Canadian travel required, occasional international travel.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.