Senior Business Analyst - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123984
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
What will your typical day look like?
The Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Deloitte Technology Services. The person in this role will be applying strategic and analytical skills to create value to the Global organization implementing technological solutions related to Master Data Management (MDM).
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Hands on management of business and functional requirements elicitation activities, requirements/user stories documentation and socialization. Identification of problem areas, gaps or conflicts derived from gathered information.
- Elicitation and documentation of internal and external business user’s requirements as well as functional specification using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, task and workflow analysis, etc.
- Refinement of requirements using critical evaluation techniques, focus groups, meetings, negotiation, systems knowledge and experience.
- Communicate with project managers, application developers, subject matter experts, end users and executives and acts as liaison between business and technical areas.
- Prepare documentation on expected benefits, use cases, current / proposed process, workflows, data flows, process re-engineering studies, functional specifics, risk integration, end-user adoption plans/guides and organization structures for the Master Data Management area.
- Act as liaison between business and technical areas. At times leads a multifunctional team towards small projects/initiatives.
- Organize and facilitate user acceptance testing with business and external technical stakeholders.
- Support development and testing activities, clarifying requirements and ensuring alignment throughout the entire development cycle.
- Develop and conduct group/end user training.
- Contribute to the development of firm and industry standards and support adoption of best practices.
- Provide recommendations to improve business analyst practices within the area.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Business Analyst, you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Analysis related experience.
- A university degree on computer systems or related area.
- A Master’s in business or information management subjects is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience on MDM systems, implementations and/or methodologies. Deep knowledge in Informatica MDM multidomain is an asset.
- An internationally recognized certification on Business Analysis is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, including Agile and waterfall.
- A program management experience/certification (desirable)
- An analytical and detail-oriented outlook: experience in problem-solving to complex problem, working along with team members
- A strategic mindset: thoughtful decision maker who is able to bring actionable and grounded recommendations to senior leadership
- An influential communicator: communicate effectively and is able to articulate deeply technical topics to business representatives, coupled with influencing skills and ability to drive agreement
- Focused on results: ability to focus on delivering meaningful impact towards organizational goals with self-drive to make a difference and seeing things thru until reaching desired objectives.
- A team player: an exceptional collaborative skill and supportive of a multicultural, multifunctional team.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.